LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhh - to grill, (stuck up chic voice)

You seriously should vlog with as much modding you do
My kids keep telling me that. I don’t like to hear myself talk and I’m kinda camera shy. But I don’t show half what I’ve been doing. I try tho.

I took the grill out for now. I can put it back in easily. I was also able to clean all the white wax build up on it. Looks much better when it goes back in.

I got a price on repainting the bumper and hood today. I may get that done soon. $600 sound fair? The guy doing it paints show quality.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are a number of sources for an egg crate grill that matches (almost) the vent grills. I think it's an improvement.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Re: paint

Dunno about FL rates but here on the west end, 6 hundo is a bit much for the hood n bumper. I was quoted $400 for mine a while back, granted cgm might be cheaper than red. I might shop a couple more shops for the front clip. I’m no painter but would think blending a fender to a door would be easier than a hood to a fender.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I kind of like how mine looks sans grill with the heat exchanger, terrible picture but the only one I could find at the moment.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because your SAP grilles are glass black, making the lower grille gloss black would look clean.

The honey comb part is matte black and i also started making a matching honey comb lower grill...last night.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The honey comb part is matte black and i also started making a matching honey comb lower grill...last night.
Oh that will look nice then! And you'll be able to see through it pretty well, so you'll have the best of both worlds of to grille or not to grille.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm going to throw in the Function over Form argument.

If I've got $ invested in an intercooler, I'd want some protection from road debris. Even a bouncy pint paint can could ruin it driving down the road. The grill, while still pretty fragile as far as protection goes, would give you some of that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like the grill as well. Hides the intercooler for on the street.

Track use, open all the way and get rid of obstructions

·
Registered Asshole
4,918 Posts
I'm going to throw in the Function over Form argument.

If I've got $ invested in an intercooler, I'd want some protection from road debris. Even a bouncy pint paint can could ruin it driving down the road. The grill, while still pretty fragile as far as protection goes, would give you some of that.
The same thing was said on one those gay GTO FB pages and people got but hurt about it. They tried to blame damage to a condenser or radiator on driver error. :bomb:

·
Powdercoat all of it
84 Posts
I never really considered grill-less, but with that big intercooler, I like grill-less! I couldn't do it because I have no forced induction, but if I did, I'd be all about showing it off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
gixxer711
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing