LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the many posts in the kill section and people either get shot down or get praise. I myself don't consider a kill going against a car of lesser quality. So would you consider this a kill? I was driving along late at night, just wanted to go to sleep. Some moron in a Hyundai comes up next to me and buzzes me with his exhaust. First i was like whats this guy thinking. His car was covered with some yellow sticker sort of like a claw slashing the side of his car from top to bottom. I think the car was the Accent, not too sure. I let him get a head and then i decided to teach him a leasson. So i blasted by him with such little effort. I myself don't consider it a kill since his car isn't worth the time. I was annoyed that he buzzed me for no reason.
On another note, the only car that i have ever raced was the Supercharged Grand Prix, again in the dead of night. We were the only cars on a major highway. I was impressed with the Grand Prix's staying power, In the end i edged him out. It considered it pretty even match to my Mustang since he was putting down 260 Hp although my Torque is much higher. I would like to do some racing on a track, but i can't risk destroying my engine since this is my everyday driver. Sometimes you have to let people have a little thrill with their cars because they are far a few in between. I don't think anyone on this site is really a street racer. So i don't know why we get on everyone who posts here.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Razinhell said:
Sometimes you have to let people have a little thrill with their cars because they are far a few in between. I don't think anyone on this site is really a street racer. So i don't know why we get on everyone who posts here.
You got that right, I mean if I waited to have a kill as you define it, I would be getting like one chance every couple months. There are not too many cars on the road that are going to match up to the GOAT. We are human, we are all going to die. You can either have fun now or sit and worry about taking too many risks in life and you will still die. Personally I enjoy burning some ricer ass, especially the ones who think they are big sh!t with nothing to back it up.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
in my mind, if someone starts something by giving me a fly by or some silly looks, we race and i win, its a kill. i dont care if its a viper or a honda civic. if they start something and lose, its a kill b/c they should know who to pick a fight with and who not too.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
in my mind, if someone starts something by giving me a fly by or some silly looks, we race and i win, its a kill. i dont care if its a viper or a honda civic. if they start something and lose, its a kill b/c they should know who to pick a fight with and who not too.
Well said.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I think it only really gets interesting if one or both of the cars are modified. You pretty much know what can beat what in stock form, assuming one or both of the drivers isn't a moron. That's probably a big assumption. Now, if I got smoked by a Sentra, I'd be very curious as to how he accomplished it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I never had a problem with a street race, won some, lost some but never took risks or did it in close traffic. It can be risky of course and locally there is so much traffic it's not easy to do as in the past. I think when a lesser car bugs you and you dust him it's more of you got him off your back, not really a kill. A kill is with good competition and you win it. I still used to dust the lesser cars and never got technical about ignoring him and being the "bigger man". It is still fun to do since as DBbluegoat says there are not a lot of opportunities in the everyday world.I think the guys on this board know how to handle their cars, and know when to hold back. So have fun with the cars, be careful, and ........try not to break anything expensive!!!!!! Craig

·
Registered
273 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
If I killed a Viper with my Goat, sure it would be something to write home about, but are you seriously gonna brag about killing a civic.
If it were close or say it ain't so ,beat me, I'd like to see his mods,shake his hand and drive off with my tail between my legs.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
GTOME said:
If I killed a Viper with my Goat, sure it would be something to write home about, but are you seriously gonna brag about killing a civic.
If it were close or say it ain't so ,beat me, I'd like to see his mods,shake his hand and drive off with my tail between my legs.
dont read TOO much into what i said. i never said that i would BRAG about killing a stock civic. but in my mind, if somebody pulls up to me and tries to start something, and i win. its a kill, IMO. i probably wouldn't post it in the kills section. or maybe i would just so you all would get a laugh out of the fool. but i wouldn't act like it was some great feet.

i guess the reason this bugs me is b/c i hate it when these guys drive around
in their stock 4 door civics with chrome rims and stickers and act like its ferrari.

so anyways, please dont read TOO much into what i said and make assumptions.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
You never really know what is under the hood, if someone asks for a go and you go then it is a race. Ive' seen an 85 RX7 blow away everything in West Palm one night. We all laughed at it and its coffie can tail pipe until it ran it's first run. It beat the two cars in our group that ran low 11's. A kill is a kill, some just feel better.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
GTOME said:
If I killed a Viper with my Goat, sure it would be something to write home about
If you killed a Viper with your GTO, I would buy you a case of any beer or a fifth of whatever you want! :drink: :drink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts