LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former owner of 05 IBM/Blue
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here go out to Byron to see the wheel standing competition? I saw a few goats in the parking lot.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
wasn't interested in going, driving 1.5 hours, waiting in line to park for an hour, being asses to elbows and paying $5 for a burger. I'd rather just watch outlaw super stock on a regular byron track day. + I can just watch a DVD of the event.

I'm guessing the pinto didn't manage wheelie himself onto his roof?

·
Former owner of 05 IBM/Blue
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope the damn pinto didn't even make a run because the driver broke the shifter cable..
Yeah it did suck and we left after the first round of the "wheel stands". Only 3 cars were actually able to get off the ground out of the 7 or 8 that I saw go down the track. Plus we wanted to leave before the herd of people. I was pissed because it was standing room only and we arrived at about 11 and it was $30 to get in. So we got a spot on the fence but the view was limited. They def needed more seats and a screen showing the action at the end of the track.

·
Registered
103 Posts
GMH GTO said:
wasn't interested in going, driving 1.5 hours, waiting in line to park for an hour, being asses to elbows and paying $5 for a burger. I'd rather just watch outlaw super stock on a regular byron track day. + I can just watch a DVD of the event.

I'm guessing the pinto didn't manage wheelie himself onto his roof?

If your talking about the orange car, its not a pinto, its a AMC Gremlin. And it did go straight up........twice. Broke the trans pan, and oil pan, so he didnt come back. What a waste of 30 bucks that was.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
barkingspud said:
I could care less about that drivel.....I want MORE TRACK TIME FOR MY CAR!!!!!!!
Wish Byron had EFI only track day, they do on friday nights, maybe 1 sunday a month, EFI with mufflers only, everyone would get 10+ runs in, they could easily fit 400 street cars in paying $25 a pop.

Need another track rental day.

·
Banned
2,522 Posts
any one planning on going to byron on the 22nd me and a couple of my diesel truck friends are going to go and run, one of the trucks is almost in the 11s!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts