LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just thought I would let you know how my magna charged monaro went at the strip last night.

As previously mentioned, the Australian kit is currently being evaluated as a possible factory fitted option from HSV. As a result it runs lower boost (3.5 - 4 psi) so it can be fitted without the need for an injector upgrade. In this form, my car made 375 rwhp on an Aussie dyno which I believe reads a little lower than some of your dynos.

Anyway, best pass of the night was a 12.6 @ 114.88 with an average 2.05 60'.

My car is an M6, and the times were run on my everyday 245/35 19 street tyres. The only preparation for the track was letting the tyres down to 22psi.

I was a little disappointed as I really wanted to run 115mph, but I guess it was pretty close.

Just a couple of things I have noticed. The car is now much harder to launch consistantly. Before the blower I was able to run consistant 1.9 60's with a best of 1.88 using the same tyres. Now, it just wants to wheelspin much easier no doubt due to the extra torque in the low to mid rev range. I have also had to lower my lanch rpm from around 3500 -3700 rpm aspirated, to a much lower 2500 rpm now. Also traction into second gear is an issue with nearly all of second gone in wheelspin.

Whilst this is my first proper trip to the track with the supercharger, I am confident there are much better times to be had. With a little more trial and error as well as some drag radials, I feel there is a low 12 at around 116 in it. Would love to have a go with the same boost you guys are running !!!

Track conditions were not too bad given we are heading into a Queensland summer with relative alttitude of 1052 feet and temp of 22c, not sure how that equates to farenhiet.

Regards
Shaun

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Well, you may not be as happy as you wanted but I'm thinking that was some pretty good running. Lots of issues with traction lately for everyone it seems.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Very good trap speeds. Thanks for posting. It's good to know what the Magnachargers are running. Good luck and keep us up-to-date.

Padre

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Those numbers with street tires, no traction, that altitude and 22C is not bad at all. You have a low 12 car for sure. Get some DRs and heat them up real good!

Doc

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
believe me those are great numbers........mine are ****

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I definately want to try some decent tyres soon but I am really concerned that the stock clutch won't be able to cope. Whilst it hasn't actually started to slip, you can just tell it is starting to get a little bit average. Mind you it has copped a fair bit of punishment !!

Will definately keep you all informed of our progress. I just wish we were heading into Winter and not Summer, mind you Queensland in Summer is a lovely place so it isn't all bad.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Aussie GTO said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I definately want to try some decent tyres soon but I am really concerned that the stock clutch won't be able to cope. Whilst it hasn't actually started to slip, you can just tell it is starting to get a little bit average. Mind you it has copped a fair bit of punishment !!

Will definately keep you all informed of our progress. I just wish we were heading into Winter and not Summer, mind you Queensland in Summer is a lovely place so it isn't all bad.
12.6 is really good, best I got tonight with my magnacharged GTO was a 13.5 :banghead:

·
Best Car Under $45k Period.
1,401 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
12.6 is really good, best I got tonight with my magnacharged GTO was a 13.5 :banghead:

OUCH! That can be had with a near stock GTO (as I'm sure you know).

Keep workin on it and get some wider drag radials.

You can pull-off a 12.8 at least I'm sure!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts