LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not disappointed(other than my reaction time) I'm not impressed. Just kinda wished I would have broke into the 13's. Ran 4 times. The place was PACKED. I was there from 7:45 to just a little past 10. My best time was 14.298..now don't hate! The car has a lot more in it(and so does the driver) The tires didn't spin at all. Gosh Darn Torque Management! A tune and maybe headers with a C/B is in the near future. This was with a full tank of gas, spare tire and some junk in the trunk.

I don't feel like scanning the slip, but it looks like this

R/T .485
60' 2.201
330 6.194
1/8 9.304
MPH 79.18
1/4 14.298
MPH 98.94

That was the 1st run I did and came out to be my best. I'm sure I would have dipped into the 13's if I would have gotten to run more.

Here's the Clip
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/97d70289-97ee-4736-9cb7-9837005842a8.htm

I also met and got beat by the former owner of Arizona Sound Performance. His name was Todd if I remember. He was driving an 06 Trail Blazer SS. When we ran he came out with a 14.028 @ 98.41. Pretty kool guy. Gave me a couple ideas for the goat.

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
Hi,
where did you race? I'd like to meet a few GTOs at a track in Chicago to 'compare notes'...

For now my car is stock, but it feels strong. Would like to see what it does.

Rian
05M6

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Hey nix, I'll be down at GLD this wednesday if the weather holds up. You'd be in the mid 13's if the launch was better. Looks like you had fun. Maybe we can meet up on Wed.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
All I could hear was rice. At least you beat him.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GeeTeeOh! said:
Hi,
where did you race? I'd like to meet a few GTOs at a track in Chicago to 'compare notes'...

For now my car is stock, but it feels strong. Would like to see what it does.

Rian
05M6
Yea my car felt strong to. LOL. That was a Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove WI. www.greatlakesdragaway.com

I usually hang out around Streets of Woodfield In Schaumberg

ShaneD_06GTO said:
Hey nix, I'll be down at GLD this wednesday if the weather holds up. You'd be in the mid 13's if the launch was better. Looks like you had fun. Maybe we can meet up on Wed.
I'll try to make it out there. I wanna break into the 13's b4 I mod it.

Black Devil said:
All I could hear was rice. At least you beat him.
LOL, yea I have to tell everyone I show the video that the rice sound is NOT my car. Stock Exhaust=:madsign3:

·
1 of 40,757
6,483 Posts
.2 better 60 ft would have made for .4 improvement in ET by the time you cross the finish line. Learn to launch better and you'll be in the 13's. Many out there are cuttin 2.0 60fts on stock tires. Keep practicing!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Dont fret My first time out was a 14.7 of course I did have a 60 of 3.03
Damn stock rubber
Chuch

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
LS2-GTO said:
Many out there are cuttin 2.0 60fts on stock tires. Keep practicing!

Yeah, and its hard!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get it. I got maybe 1/2 a tire rotarion of wheel spin off the line. Brake all the way down with the rpms @ 1300. Light turns green i mashed the gas to the floor.

·
Registered
276 Posts
mashing the gas to the floor is probably the worst way to get off the line with the TM in these cars. I spin more than twice as far on half throttle than full throttle. Learn to work your way down the pedal instead of jabbing it and your 60's will definitely get better.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i still havnt been to the track and i consider my self a "good" driver with a manual but im sure just being nervous etc... i will bomb my first track run.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts