LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I took it to the dragstrip for the first time. Man was it packed. I got there at 9:30pm tonight and finally got to run around 10:30pm. I only got to run one time and then they closed the track. It wasn't the best time slip but not to bad for the very first time. Next time Im going to come out of the hole with a little more rpm. I think I can pull a high 13 off with a beter 60' and quicker shifts. Well anyway I raced a Honda S2000 and heres the times.

..........S2000 .... 06 GTO

R/t .... .390...... .638
60'..... 2.637.... 2.209
330'... 7.334.... 6.195
1/8.... 10.920.. 9.934
MPH... 70.07... 77.68
1000.. 13.962.. 12.105
1/4.... 16.513.. 14.375
MPH... 88.01... 99.33

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Oh yeah man... you can do MUCH better than a high 13 with some practice. I've worked my way down from a 13.5 to a 12.9 after I started to learn how to launch it... and my LS1 has about the same horsepower as an LS2 with my mods... so if I can do it you can do it!

Just gotta get a good launch and shift FAST and HARD! I lowered my tire pressure on my factory tires to like 22 PSI in the rear and 40 PSI in the front. Brought the tach. up to about 3400 and pulled out of the hole the quickest I ever have. It was still only a 2.1 60', but it sure felt fast! And get the GMM Ripshift. That'll help you bang those gears faster. Good luck!

-Andrew

·
LtMedic E11..Best Never Rests
49 Posts
Can't Launch

LittleGTO said:
Oh yeah man... you can do MUCH better than a high 13 with some practice. I've worked my way down from a 13.5 to a 12.9 after I started to learn how to launch it... and my LS1 has about the same horsepower as an LS2 with my mods... so if I can do it you can do it!

Just gotta get a good launch and shift FAST and HARD! I lowered my tire pressure on my factory tires to like 22 PSI in the rear and 40 PSI in the front. Brought the tach. up to about 3400 and pulled out of the hole the quickest I ever have. It was still only a 2.1 60', but it sure felt fast! And get the GMM Ripshift. That'll help you bang those gears faster. Good luck!

-Andrew
I can not launch either my cobra or GTO. The Cobra best 60 Ft time is a 1.98 with MT street Drags...GTO is 2.24 with Factory...Is there a school for this? LOL...I'm at the the point of feeling:) embarrssed.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
firemedicjc38 said:
I can not launch either my cobra or GTO. The Cobra best 60 Ft time is a 1.98 with MT street Drags...GTO is 2.24 with Factory...Is there a school for this? LOL...I'm at the the point of feeling:) embarrssed.
what LittleGTO said. lower the rears, raise the fronts. with stock tires i left the line at idle and mashed the gas while quickly releasing the clutch (not popping). i got a 13.38 ET, 1.98 60' with my stock 2004 GTO and with a GMM... and practice, practice, practice

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jmart5736 said:
Practice makes perfect.
I was trying different rpms and it seems like if I leave at about 2500 it feels the best. If I go any higher than that the tires go up in smoke. I guess if i let a little air out I could launch alittle higher. When I lauched at the drag it was pretty much off idle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
03EBZ06 said:
Were you short shifting? Because your trap is pretty low compared to average trap speed of LS2 GTOs.

Im wondering if i have a crappy tune. Maybe where I was sitting in the staging lanes the IAT's went sky high and cut alot of timing out. When I get a chance I going to go back when they first open so I can get a cool run.

·
LtMedic E11..Best Never Rests
49 Posts
Launch #s are getting better!

firemedicjc38 said:
Just this week I launched the cobra to a 1.90 60 Ft. time with a 118 trap speed. 12.21 eta. Hot out..so a 11 sec eta will be there soon! Came out at 2000 RPM then bogged it...still spun when hit 2nd gear. Happy with results and still improving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts