LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Dick Ross
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listening to the latest episode of JRE (Joe Rogan podcast) and Maynard is on. He drops some huge news that's only been rumored.

1- August 2nd all of Tools catalog will be on all streaming services

2- New album drops August 30th and is called "Fear Inoculum"

Apparently the songs are so long on this album it's going to be released on maybe a 4 vinyl set. One song is apparently 18+ minutes long. In other word, clear your schedule to listen to this album lmao. Can't fucking wait.

·
Dick Ross
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the bourbon and Tool fans, Angels Envy is doing a special edition run with Maynard using his wine barrels.

·
Super Moderator
9,792 Posts
lol maynard is a whack job.

Still love their music though.

Looking forward to it. Can't believe how long is been since 10000 days.

·
Dick Ross
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is kind of far out there on many things. I can respect a lot about the guy though.

·
Super Moderator
9,792 Posts
I like watching Danny Carey videos on youtube.

The dudes drum kit is one of the largest out there and boy does he use nearly all of it.

·
Dick Ross
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The drums in The Grudge is some fucking amazing shit. One of my favorite parts of the song is all the timing and beat changes.

·
Super Moderator
9,792 Posts
If you guys have never seen the youtube channel meytalll

She is a young lady from Isreal. Fantastic drummer with some of the best drumovers.

·
NineInchNutswinger
3,236 Posts
Been looking forward to this album since, ohhhh.... 2010 when Danny Carey mentioned there would be a new Tool album out soon lol. He wasn’t the best source for information for his own band as it turned out, but by god is he in amazing drummer.

The two new songs they already debuted live are kind of “meh”, although Invincible seems much better than Descending IMHO.

Looking forward to what’s rumored a fall tour this year.

There’s still about a month left for world to end, so don’t count your eggs before they hatch.

·
Dick Ross
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lmao I was in high school when he said that :rofl: I was listening to the radio on my way to the tech center I went to and about lost my shit. Can't believe that was 9 years ago

·
Super Moderator
9,792 Posts
God damn kids.

·
Pirate Spud
1,240 Posts
Shocking how much people care about a band that can muster one album a decade wjerebist usually a handful of good stuff surrounded by filler.

They've put out one solid album. Lateralus is the only album that isn't full of skippable crud.

·
Dick Ross
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lateralus is their best album for sure, but I wouldn't call everything else "skippable crud". They definitely have song that are better than others, but I wouldn't say they have an outright "bad" song. Music and taste is a subjective thing though.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,810 Posts
A bad Tool song is still objectively better than most 'popular' acts' best shit. I agree, though, that there are some misses in their catalog.

Looking forward to the new album, though I am afraid that too much time has gone by for it to be a commercial success. There's an entire generation of music fans who see Tool the same way I might have viewed Led Zeppelin in the late '80s; some kinda-cool music my parents listened to.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,810 Posts
I heard Collective Soul on a "Classic Rock" station the other day. I very nearly wrote that station a very sternly-worded letter to express my disappointment, but I didn't want to use up one of my Forever stamps.

·
Dick Ross
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A bad Tool song is still objectively better than most 'popular' acts' best shit. I agree, though, that there are some misses in their catalog.

Looking forward to the new album, though I am afraid that too much time has gone by for it to be a commercial success. There's an entire generation of music fans who see Tool the same way I might have viewed Led Zeppelin in the late '80s; some kinda-cool music my parents listened to.
I think you're underestimating their fan base... they sellout arenas to this day. This is probably one of the most anticipated albums in the last decade or two.

I heard Collective Soul on a "Classic Rock" station the other day. I very nearly wrote that station a very sternly-worded letter to express my disappointment, but I didn't want to use up one of my Forever stamps.
Jesus collective soul is on classic rock stations now?? Fuck me

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
About this Discussion
99 Replies
17 Participants
whippersnapper02
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing