1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Tease! I thought it is the video :rolleyes:

·
Duck and Cover
481 Posts
you can get all the top gear shows available for download at www.finalgear.com/downloads/topgear. i've dnld all 18 shows.they're great. the new season starts this month and they'll have them for downloading. the shows you want for the reviews for monaro and vauxhall monaro vxr are 12/7/03 and 10/24/04. they just loved the car, and they're pretty rough on some very expensive exotic cars. on the 10/24/04 show they compared the monaro to a supercharged jaguar s type r 400 hp and a chrysler 300c hemi in a series of tests on a beach in wales. they trashed the chrysler as a pc of junk and picked the monaro 2 to 1 over the other two. clarkson, who's given to downplaying anything not made in england said "i got in it and within 300 yards i thought some one in australia had a picture of ME on their desk and said ah!, let's make that bloke a car". his final words while driving the last scene were "who would have thought that an australian car with a HUGE american engine could work this well. there's a brutality to it, but it responds to just the slightest touch. it's spacious, well priced, and does what a muscle car should---it puts a HUGE smile on your face!". back in the studio he said " do you know what it reminds me of?-seriously-is a 1990's astin martin vantaqe--there's that same kind of infinite power and that same kind of HUGENESS--it's a FABULOUS car. hammond. who had picked the jag said: "you're right, as you know i drove it back when we finished and i agree--it is quite magical". clarkson ended with: "i think it's one of the top five......if someone buys a car today for around 30,000 pounds and doesn't buy one of these-he's either mad or boring--i'm totally in love with it".
you'll need bittorrent to download the shows. my advice is to google search BITORNADO and dnld that version. works great for me.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
That is awesome, but bittorrent sucks :(

·
Duck and Cover
481 Posts
it's the only way to get them. if you're not on dsl or cable, forget it. the shows are i hr long and about 300 mb. i just start the download and go to bed. ive had them download at rates from 3kb/sec to 450kb/sec. they are really worth the effort.

·
Duck and Cover
481 Posts
right on monaro country-he and the others like to take pokes at the aussies and us americans but i guess we do the same to them whenever possible [jay leno] for example. i love the show-it's a shame we can't get it here thru normal channels. you'd think speed channel would be all over it. it would be their top rated show.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts