LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my spoiler delete kit today from top shelf performance so i went to plug them in. Put the bigger plug in for where the brake light wire goes thru and it fit perfectly and looked good so i move on to put the plugs in where the bolts went to screw on the spoiler and they wouldnt fit........after trying for a little while me and my friend realized that the holes in the trunk werent perfectly round....

so im wondering if i got a couple of f'ed up holes here or if i need to do something to get these round plugs to fit in some non round holes.

·
not fast enough
474 Posts
did you get directions with it?
any if you didnt you can make the car holes round with a file but be carefull with the paint
or you can shave off part of the plug to make it fit

there are some nice write ups on it, somewhere on this forum

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Umm, they give you directions with them and even if they didn't wouldn't it be obvious what to do?

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
sckGTO said:
i just got my spoiler delete kit today from top shelf performance so i went to plug them in. Put the bigger plug in for where the brake light wire goes thru and it fit perfectly and looked good so i move on to put the plugs in where the bolts went to screw on the spoiler and they wouldnt fit........after trying for a little while me and my friend realized that the holes in the trunk werent perfectly round....

so im wondering if i got a couple of f'ed up holes here or if i need to do something to get these round plugs to fit in some non round holes.
the direction says to file the holes to make em close to round as possible.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I put sand paper to the end of the plugs, and a little bit of lubricant when i couldn't get a couple to go in, then they did.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I very slowly opened the smaller holes up on mine with a rotary bit until the plugs would go in snugly. If you do not want to have water leaking into them then I suggest putting some rtv or something of the like under each one from the inside of the trunk once they are installed.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

The 4 small ones leak directly into the leak-channels, so no worries about leakage.

The large one fits so well, but would be the one to seal in any case.
The 4 smaller ones, I sliced with a razor...a small, thin, acute-angled pizza slice shape out or the base of each one.
Once in place, pop the trunk, and you can pull on the base of them for a flush fit, and then observe that it does not matter if they leak...every drop that cascades down the back window goes into the same drainage channels.

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
Try reading the instructions. It might help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
sckGTO- Sorry to hear you are having problems!!! You should have recieved some instructions with those plugs, but if for some reason you did not let me know ASAP. What the guys have said so far is pretty much right on par. You can either file the plugs a little or try to make the holes a little larger.

Since GM pre-drills the holes on the panel and trunk lid seperately, it sometimes makes things kinda tight. If for some reason you mess up a plug let me know we will send one out to ya. I hope this helps but let me know if you continue to have a problem.

T.J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts