·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 70 meg version has another 4 minutes on the end... Well worthwhile... especially the drag of a >400hp monaro vs s/c jaguar xkr.... Guess who wins.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The jabbas world link doesn't work already. What is it with that site. I even registered there and I still can't download a damn thing. Does the guy just stay on top of offsite linking all the time or what?

Maybe it's just me. My IP range might be blocked or something. Does it work for anyone else?

·
Registered
176 Posts
rocoop said:
The jabbas world link doesn't work already. What is it with that site. I even registered there and I still can't download a damn thing. Does the guy just stay on top of offsite linking all the time or what?

Maybe it's just me. My IP range might be blocked or something. Does it work for anyone else?
nope, didn't work for me either...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Not hard enough. Your keyboard still works.........
:drink: :drink:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
www.linenoyz.net

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
I have that vid downloaded on to my PC, i just love it, just wish the picture was a bit more clear. The Brits are lucky that they are going to recieve the more powerful and better handling HSV 285 GTO. Why can't we get that one? :( I certainly prefer the more agressive styling of the two HSV versions over the Pontiac, so hopefully aftermarket companies will come out with replica kits...other wise I might just have to beg Holden to send the parts to me! :thumbs:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anyone know what suspension piece are different other than the fact that it has 18s and summer tires? Wonder if it is same as GTO, just wheels and tires. If so that would be really awesome....

·
Registered
43 Posts
We do not have the full spec for the UK "HSV" coupe (GTS, GTO, LE) the car on the video has 19" rims.

All our HSV's (4 door) so far have had 4 pot calipers all round with 343mm front discs and 315mm rear all cross drilled. Uprated dampers, springs and rollbars, so we expect the same for the coupe.

The standard UK Monaro (your GTO) will be almost exactley the same as the Australian version.

Regards

uk hsv

·
Registered
176 Posts
uk hsv said:
We do not have the full spec for the UK "HSV" coupe (GTS, GTO, LE) the car on the video has 19" rims.

All our HSV's (4 door) so far have had 4 pot calipers all round with 343mm front discs and 315mm rear all cross drilled. Uprated dampers, springs and rollbars, so we expect the same for the coupe.

The standard UK Monaro (your GTO) will be almost exactley the same as the Australian version.

Regards

uk hsv
Please excuse my lack of understanding but lets start off easy... So the Monaro is being sold in the UK through Vauxhall? There are two different versions, the standard Monaro which is basically same as our GTO and a HSV (Holden Special Vehicle I believe) version that has three different packages? If so, what are the differences in these packages?

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
The difference is in the engine tuning and suspension betweent he Monaro and the HSV Coupe versions. The HSV Coupes have more horsepower and handle much better when compaied to the standard Monaro. They also have some slightly different features on the inside...think of as like a Mustang GT and a Mustang SVT Cobra. The HSV GTO Coupe is being sold under the Vauxhaull badge to fit better into the UK line up. Holden, Opel, and Vauxhall are very very closely connected with each other, they share multiplue platforms and whole vehicles that get re-badged for other countires. The Astra and Vectra are prime examples, they are sold under all 3 name plates and Holden even puts a Chevy badge on them for South America and the Middle East. Its not too hard to figure out how closely they are connected even with out scratching below the surface...their logos are almost identical!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you go to www.hsv.com.au and look at the coupe section you will see the three versions of the coupe.

We are not sure what version we will get in the uk, but probably not all three as we are such a small market. Also we have no idea what name the car will have (GTO, GTS,LE ?) The indications so far is it will have 280 bhp + and sell for about £35,500

The uk Monaro will have the 325bhp engine and will come in two trim levels " classic" and "sport" and sell for £28,500

The red car on the top gear video looked from the outside to be a HSV GTO but the brakes and suspension is said to not have been "HSV" but simular to the standard Monaro. As I said above the HSV cars which we already have are very well specified with new brakes, dampers, springs, PCM upgrades etc.

Like the Australians we have been supercharging our HSV's for some time now! and you will find some info from this company http://www.lindenspecialvehicles.com/

uk hsv

1 - 16 of 16 Posts