LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Torco gear oil, and friction modifier. I know i got the right oil. The friction modifier my be wrong. On the back of the bottle. It suggests that you use type Gfor GM's. I bought type F by mistake. It says it is for Fords. Should I not use it, and get the right stuff? Is there really a big problem? Can I use it?

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
The folks at Diff Technics have indicated that it is the Type-F that you want. I had the same question.

-K

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
+1 for type F

·
1,095 Posts
Yep - Type F works perfectly.

The Torco has been in there longer than anything else was, and the diff is still quiet and hooking great.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great. Just wanted to make sure. Will be in in the morning. Thanks guys.

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Black Devil said:
I just got my Torco gear oil, and friction modifier. I know i got the right oil. The friction modifier my be wrong. On the back of the bottle. It suggests that you use type Gfor GM's. I bought type F by mistake. It says it is for Fords. Should I not use it, and get the right stuff? Is there really a big problem? Can I use it?

Type F is correct for our rear ends. You have the right stuff.

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
I've got normal crappy diff oil but used the ford modifier.

I read somewhere that the only difference is that the ford stuff is like a concentrated GM formula.....

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We will see soon. I installed it this morning. Drove all day with a bunch of guys. Will try a good slide, of burnout soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts