LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Do GTO's have this feature?
2.Can someone explain exactly what it is and does?

Im ordering a predator next week.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
1. Yes
2. Basically it pulls timing from the engine while the tranny is shifting to "protect the transmission"

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm gotta decide which tuner to use LS1 edit or predator

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
msfyter said:
hmmm gotta decide which tuner to use LS1 edit or predator
They are worlds apart Edit or HP Tuners will allow you to do tons more with your car.

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the site. $$$ and I dont have a laptop.

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
JayStew said:
They are worlds apart Edit or HP Tuners will allow you to do tons more with your car.
And what is the "tons more" that needs to be done to a car that has simple bolt-on modifications? I could see if we were talking about Pro-Stock NHRA drag racing, where every 10th of a second counts and they run the quarter mile in 6 seconds, but we are talking about a GTO that will be driven on the street the majority of it's life...Why all the hype about complicated tuning and which expensive tuning software is "better" or "more complete"??

Just trying to understand the logic of spending sooo much time "tuning" a 13 second street driven car... :)

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
If you have access to a laptop,which msfyter has stated that he does not, then why not get the HP or Edit. they both will allow you to control almost every aspect of the car that is computer controlled, give you loggable data, and allow you to have multiple tunes if you so desire. If no laptop is available and you don't plan an any more than a few bolt-ons, then the Predator is fine.

Quicksilver said:
I could see if we were talking about Pro-Stock NHRA drag racing, where every 10th of a second counts
To me every 10th does count, as does every hp. That's why I got the HP Tuners. Ther are a lot of members here who like there Predator and a lot who like ther HP. It all depends on how in-depth you want to go. :)

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts