LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of a tune and removal of the Torque Management on my 2005 A4. Did anyone ever have or want to have the Torque Management re-enabled after it was removed???

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
tigeragogo said:
I am thinking of a tune and removal of the Torque Management on my 2005 A4. Did anyone ever have or want to have the Torque Management re-enabled after it was removed???
i dont think that would be possible. all TM is in the computer is a whole table of numbers(to put it basically). those numbers are constants. once they get changed, they aint going back until a tuner changes them again

·
Registered
595 Posts
noob question....with hptuners can you upload the stock tune and save it as a file on your pc?? That's the easiest way to put the car back to stock right?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TheRealDeadApe said:
I would recommend that you have torque management reduced, not eliminated.
Could you please explain why TM should be reduced and not eliminated(for warranty reasons?). What should be its reduction(is there a percentage scale?)?

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
the problem with the ls2's is that they have tq management hidden in all kinds of different places. not sure if ANYONE has ever 100% eliminated the Tq management even on an M6 car... the tq management is in place to protect the trans/rear of the car under aggressive driving. 04 cars have none as long as the t/c is off. its more of a preference, if you take it all out theres no protection from slamming the gears (which could possibly lead to blowing a trans) but you'll also see quicker times at the track.

·
Master Technician (ASE cert)
384 Posts
tigeragogo said:
Could you please explain why TM should be reduced and not eliminated(for warranty reasons?). What should be its reduction(is there a percentage scale?)?
The main reason is to protect the transmission. Any alteration will have an affect on warranty claims. Completely eliminating torque reduction will redunce clutch pack life greatly, when reducing its affect can give you the performance your looking for with better trans life.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have searched this torque management to the point where I got a headache. However as a general concensus, I noticed those who have eliminated it don't regret it. Now when you say reduce, reduce by how much?

·
Unregistered User (dont tell)
640 Posts
I have my TM completely removed and love it. Screw transmission life and tire life, remove it and have fun. I am sure for warranty purposes GM does not care if you simply reduce TM or eliminate TM entirely; they will not cover it either way (if they find out).

·
Registered
414 Posts
M6 trans have been around long enough, on cars that I don't think had TM...so why not...so how do you do it?

·
outlawpontiacdragseries.c om
613 Posts
I'm in the process of adding TM back in just for the 1-2 shift. I'm stock and without DR's on the street, its dangerous. I don't think no TM killed my first rear, but it didn't help.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
redgto4u said:
noob question....with hptuners can you upload the stock tune and save it as a file on your pc?? That's the easiest way to put the car back to stock right?
yes - and actually, it's a VERY good idea to save your stock tune BEFORE you do any fiddling around. My car seems to have an issue with the HP Tuners software. When my friend tunes my car, he can't upload a complete tune. Instead, he "updates" the current tune.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So TM can be tailored to each shifting point. It can be engaged, reduced or eliminated for each? For example, 1-2 engaged, 2-3 reduced and 3-4 eliminated. Plus your choices of each pivot on whether you intend on using T/C or not?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts