LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Predator a couple of weeks ago, before I discovered this forum. I keep reading on this forum about disabling the Torque Management system on the GTO. Is this something that is built into the stock performance tune on the Predator or do you have to get a custom tune to accomplish this? There's nothing in the customize program about torque management but I read that it is the best way to substantially improve the performance on the car. I did reduce the shift times on the tune but now think I should put them back to 0% as I understand it can damage the car.

·
HSV GTO
762 Posts
IndepGTO Torque Management is in the factory computer. The Predator
can take that out so the car will be realy fun to drive. Is yur car a auto or 6sp. If it is auto it will do more for you. like firm up the shift point also raise them. I am going to get one after the winter along with a cat back. I all ready have the c.a.p.a 4in maf pipe off the hsv gto in aus they should have put this on from the factory. Hope i answered your question.

Steve

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the automatic. So the stock Predator performance tune does disable the torque management system?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I still think I should probably get the custom tune from RWTD. Wish I'd bought my Predator from him to begin with.

Hey, I sure like the wheels on your car. What are they and how big are your tires?

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
They may still be working out the kinks from the Hurricane. I know it they just got the forums back up. Did you try leaving a meesage on the tuning forums?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
impulseblue gto said:
IndepGTO Torque Management is in the factory computer. The Predator
can take that out so the car will be realy fun to drive. Is yur car a auto or 6sp. If it is auto it will do more for you. like firm up the shift point also raise them. I am going to get one after the winter along with a cat back. I all ready have the c.a.p.a 4in maf pipe off the hsv gto in aus they should have put this on from the factory. Hope i answered your question.

Steve
FYI, only Automatics have "Torque Management". M6's don't as our right foot is torque management.

So he's got an A4.

·
Sponsor
212 Posts
JON C said:
Predator,

Ordred Over The Phone From "james"

He Said It It Would Ship On Tue, 10/5
And I Would Get It In 5 Working Days.
Today Is 5 Working Days And No Delivery.
FWIW, I've already talked with Jon via email, and he understands that he will be receiving his Predator tomorrow. Thanks Jon! I appreciate your business, sir.

CMNTMXR57 said:
FYI, only Automatics have "Torque Management". M6's don't as our right foot is torque management.

So he's got an A4.
Actually, as a custom tuner, I don't believe that is accurate. From everything I see, there is Torque Management even in the M6's (nearly as much as the A4's per the TM parameters I'm looking at). Regardless, even if it isn't all used, as on the A4's, I still eliminate all traces of it on the M6's.

Kind Regards...

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
You are correct, John (DY) and I have discussed this before. It's there, but it isn't TM in the same context as an automatic car that uses it before, during and immediately after a shift in relation to torque reduction to save the transmission and driveline components. It's used as an operational mechanism to protect the engine itself should something not be running correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts