LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating between these two cams. Obviously, the Torquer v.3 will have a better low-end and I would assume mid-range, while the MS4 will start making it's power in the mid-range and high-range. However, how drastic will the difference really be. Also, like many have mentioned on here, when racing or driving spiritedly, you rarely get below 4K rpm anyways.

The specs for the cam are:

Torquer v.3 - 231/234 .643"/.598" 111 LSA

MS4 - 239/242 .649"/.609" 111 LSA

These will also very likely be mated with TSP's PRC Stg. 1 LS6 heads. What should I expect from either cam as far as driving charactersitics whether it be everyday driving or racing. The car will be daily driven.

Thanks folks.

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
if your going to drive it daily, go with the torquer.
you can go search over at ls1tech to get more opinions on those cams, regarding daily driver performance.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
The MS4 is very new. Ive researched it myself. There is one dyno graph posted on LS1Tech but the guy was running only on 7 cylinders. Not much info out there but it is a big cam. You should also consider the MS3. Thats a proven cam with great results.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh4GTO said:
The MS4 is very new. Ive researched it myself. There is one dyno graph posted on LS1Tech but the guy was running only on 7 cylinders. Not much info out there but it is a big cam. You should also consider the MS3. Thats a proven cam with great results.
Yes, I've looked at the MS3 and according to TSP the MS4 is an all around better cam. Just as good high-end but even more mid-range grunt compared to the MS3.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
I didn't know the MS4 had more grunt in the mid. Thats good. I say go for it then. If MS3 is proven and TSP claims MS4 is even better then why not. I noticed you live in LI. Just make sure you'll be able to cope with traffic and that cam. Find out if you can still cruise comfortably at 1500 RPM.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've got the MS4 on a 110+4*, ran great and put up good numbers in the stock 6.0 and now its still making good power in the 402:D

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Nemesis: Were you able to cruise around with like 1500 RPM back when it was in your stock 6.0? Do you have a sound clip?

·
Registered
995 Posts
The only thing I have right now is the original dyno video that they sent to me. Never really payed much attention to the rpm, the only thing I can't do that I could before is cruise about 40mph in 6th, which I did every once in a while, the car doesn't like that now:D I have no problems cruising around doing 30-35mph in 5th gear, if thats what your trying to figure out. I have dyno sheets here but they are printed out. I'll see if I can get them scanned or something and posted for you guys.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
30-35 in 5th with that cam is awesome. Im about ready to swap my tiny cam for something a lot larger now that I know more. Thanks bro.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Does anyone have a MS3 or MS4 in their goat with a stock cube motor? Wondering what issues are with driving or tuning, I have an 04 Gto M6 w/3.91s.

·
wat it fis mofo
1,551 Posts
Yes, I've looked at the MS3 and according to TSP the MS4 is an all around better cam. Just as good high-end but even more mid-range grunt compared to the MS3.

bringing this back from the dead, where did you read this?. Have been looking but could not find this info anywhere

·
wat it fis mofo
1,551 Posts
thinking about making the jump,dont want to regret not getting a bigger cam, but dont want to regret suffering with the big one either.

From the beginning I said I was going to get a big nasty cam, im 19 years old, drivability is not the biggest issue for me lol

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bringing this back from the dead, where did you read this?. Have been looking but could not find this info anywhere
Ls1tech.com ... few of the guys from TSP themselves are seen posting it, however, knowing LS1tech's awesome search function ... you'll never find it (AKA LS1tech's search function is garbage, lol)

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thinking about making the jump,dont want to regret not getting a bigger cam, but dont want to regret suffering with the big one either.

From the beginning I said I was going to get a big nasty cam, im 19 years old, drivability is not the biggest issue for me lol
Get the TRex ... should be big enough for ya, hahah

·
wat it fis mofo
1,551 Posts
I will probably just go with the MS3. Its the same thing as the HPE S cam

·
Registered
214 Posts
Go with the StreetSweeper from Flow Tech Induction...

You will make more power !!!

You will have more valvetrain stability !!!

You will keep your valve spring for longer compare to the competitors !!!

Christian

·
Mod-Anonymous Attendee
1,439 Posts
?: Did you have to flycut the pistons for the MS4?

·
half-assed garage queen
542 Posts
i Have the MS4 sitting in my house as we speak. I'm a little scared to put it in the car as of right now(got it through a trade on this board). I really haven't seen anyone else with the MS4 specs that i have. It is like the above specs but with a 110lsa. It would be going into an M6 but im just worried about drivability. The car isnt a daily driver but i dont want the car to become a pain in the ass to drive when i want to.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts