LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was mindin my own bizziness going to Circuit City to extend the warranty on my digital videocamcorder when a '70 El Camino pulled up on my left. (Tonight must be race night in Los Angeles!)

The driver was straining checking ou the goat so I slipped her down into third and killed the TC in case he wanted to give it a go. The light went green and he paced me as I started out then he floored it. When I heard him open it up, I unleashed the goat. She squatted and started to roar, drowning out the El Camino. He fell back a car length so I coasted letting him strain to pull even. Then I put the hammer down and slammed the door in his face pulling two car lengths on him until we both had to brake hard for the next stop light. He took the left turn lane and looked over grinning at me. I yelled over "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight." and his grin turned to bewilderment. :gr_jest:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
You may have beat him but he can carry a load of plywood in his car!!! LOL

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Doc GTO said:
You may have beat him but he can carry a load of plywood in his car!!! LOL

haha, reminds me of the Hemi magnum commercial

WKDWS6 said:
Dont bring a knife to a gun fight? LOL
Kinda ****y though huh? He was grinning and being cool about it.
yeah,, just be careful that he doesn't show you his real gun. it could happen this day in age.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to admit the Camino did sound nice sitting at the light and sounded even more awesome on launch... but thegoat with it's stock exhaust drowned it out (at least from where I was sitting). :gr_jest:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Speaking of El Caminos, here's me in my old WRX against a drag-prepped El Camino ('76 I think, like the one I once drove).

http://pages.prodigy.net/pdzuben/vsec.mpg

I can't wait till GM starts bringing over the Utes or Cross-8's as the new El Camino. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. To tow my Goat of course. :)

Padre

·
NASA Instructor, MW/GL Region
460 Posts
SITTIN AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT AND ALONG COMES A LINCOLN (THE ONES THAT LOOK LIKE A T-BIRD) WITH A LOWERED STANCE, AND A GOOD SOUNDING EXHAUST NOTE. IN THE CAR WERE SOME DUDES FROM SOUTH OF THE BOARDER. THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN AND WOH WHAT A RUSH. HE HAD ME THROUGH 1ST BUT THE MINUTE I HIT 2ND I WAS GONE..............WE BOTH PULLED OVER A FEW LIGHTS UP TO CHECK OUT EACH OTHERS RIDES. HE HAD A 302 WITH A FEW MODS AND A KIT IN THE TRANY. HE SAID I BEAT BAD. CANT WAIT TO GET IT TO THE TRACK TO GET SOME TIMES. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts