LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Toyo Proxes 4 245/40 R18 on CV8 Series II Rims (with PICS NOW)

Well I decided on the Toyo Proxes 4. It's a newer version of the Proxes, they seem pretty sticky so far. They are an AS tire too. The casing is supposed to be the same as the ts-1. They are softer compound then the KDWS also. But the best news is 245/40R18 fit on the car with no rub.....yet. Still waiting to see how the back does on hard launch. But first impression is good. And a friend is a BMW tech so he balanced them, all I can say is WOW. They have a new tire machine that actually indexes the spokes and puts the weights behind the spokes, and even then checks the run out. Showed me 2 tires which were a little mishaped(we would never see it nwith human eye) and recommended for rear tires. Now I know why BMW is the driving machine.

Car handles great with the 18's, and amazing that even though not much change in style, theres a huge difference in appearence with the rims. GM should have kept these as our OEM's.

Will keep up to date on performance and clearence. But so far so good.

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
well I have been running those same tires on my 17" rims and they are great. I have had them at the track 2x and they hookup pretty good after they are heated up. I would have to give them a Double thumbs up

·
Post Mortem
1,505 Posts
:burnout: Ive also got the Toyo Proxes 4 245/40 R18 tires and i agree they are a real nice tire . :burnout:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Finally getting pics up.....

·
Registered
540 Posts
JCMGTO said:
Finally getting pics up.....
Those look great! You take very nice pictures too.

I have the Proxes 4 on our 2004 Grand Prix Inferno. The one time I took it to the track I had two 2.17 60 ft times and that is with 20s on a FWD. That kind of surprised me but they do stick pretty well.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PFYC said:
Those look great! You take very nice pictures too.

I have the Proxes 4 on our 2004 Grand Prix Inferno. The one time I took it to the track I had two 2.17 60 ft times and that is with 20s on a FWD. That kind of surprised me but they do stick pretty well.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

Thank You, I take that as a big compliment. Too bad I had GTO of the month once already. Even though I do have new rims now;)

·
Stangar
344 Posts
How's the circumference compared to the original equipment? Did you have to have your speedometer adjusted?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
245/40r18 is the same circumference, as factory.

·
Ft. Drum is ghey
154 Posts
I love those rims... do you have a link to them???
Ok nevermind... they are the stock wheels on the Monaro... maybe i should have read your thread.

·
Torque is King!
702 Posts
JCMGTO,

How have you made out with your 245/40/18 Toyo Proxies 4?? Any rubbing issues at all? We need to compile a list of 245/40/18 size tires that will not rub. I think most people will want to keep the 245 section width and not downsize to 235 like the Monaro.

Let us know JCMGTO.

Thanks

·
I'm So Busy at Work!
672 Posts
Thats what the car should have come with, those look great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts