LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way back from dealing with the morning MMOB when a toyota 4runner whips in and out of traffic and suddenly decides that 65 in a 55 isn't fast enough. Riding my ass, I start to slowly accelerate to about 80 in order to pass the string of cars in the right lane a little more quickly. Apparently, either 80 wasn't fast enough for him, or he wanted to show my little neon what a big bad SUV the 4Runner is. I hang out at about 80 as I move from 5th to 4th in preparation for the impending right lane pass.

Sure enough, as soon as he has 1 inch of clearance he swings to the right lane and starts to gun it. WTF? Didn't anyone explain that passing on the right isn't a good idea? I decided to remind him as I dropped to 3rd to get the turbo spooled and quick shifted back to 4th and immediately put a good 10 cars on him.

I slow back down as I encounter another triplet of cars in the right lane so that he can catch up. Definately not MMOB, I goose the throttle so that I can clear the pack and slow back down to about 60-65, downshift to 3rd and wait. Sure enough, 4Runner starts to accelerate in true flyby fashion. Deciding to play with my prey before the kill, I wait for him to get about a car up before I drop the hammer and enforce the no-fly zone with a 21 lb boost suprise. He never catches up to me before I take my exit about 2 miles later.

L'shana tova, 4Runner! :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
nice kill.

·
06 M6 in Frisco
560 Posts
I was in that 4Runner, I was late for work! (j/k)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
LOL, I like running SUV's in my GF's Xterra. 4Runners are a pretty easybeat in that car, while the whole time I am getting smacked for going WOT in her car!

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well this was a v8 version I think (saw an emblem on the front, and at the toyota website only the v8 version has a little emblem on the front) but still, 303 crank tq vs a guesstimated 330 wtq is no contest.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
Wait Toyota makes a V8 now. WTF.

Good Kill. I didn't think they put the V8 in the 4runner. I thought that was for the bigger sequia (sp).

·
the HepKitty
1,086 Posts
you neon driving bully you....

·
Time to go...
286 Posts
Friend of mine has a v8 4Runner....the thing is quick...really nice driving SUV. Not GTO quick, but up there with the Infiniti FX as far as SUV sportiness goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts