1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
My friend did them for $20.00.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Hey, I like that. Looks great. Now I have more painting to do. :)

That is easy to do. Masking tape and high heat paint is all you need. Be really "AR" about masking what you don't want painted.

I saw a pic where someone had painted them solid red. I didn't like that at all. But what you've done looks sharp. Nice work!

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Thanks. Like many of you, the interior and exterior mods are just starting.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I just spoke to my friend Tim at Duteau Collision Repair Shop, he is the one that painted my fuel rail covers. Tim told me that he would be willing to paint other GTO fuel rail covers from people from the LS1GTO.com website. He will need the fuel rail covers, color code for the paint and a money order for $75.00. Let me know if anyone is interested. This includes shipping.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Wow. $75.00. I'll do my own. It'll cost me $3.98 for a can of high heat paint and another $0.75 worth of masking tape. I'm pretty liberal with the way I spend money, but $75.00 for THAT job is out of sight. No offense. ;)

·
2,432 Posts
For a professional paint job with professional paint and tools that is a really good price; especially if paying employees is involved. But, yes it could be done for much less using spray paint and doing it yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder what they would look like in yellow jacket. $75 includes shipping the parts back to me? I don't think that is such a bad deal for a professional job.

·
3,327 Posts
speed_demon_fre said:
Someone wanted $400 before. $75 isnt to bad.
Those were the one done on DY's car, and totally different in every way. Much more detail, and it was filled in where the 'GTO' is at.

gpeck5 said:
I wonder what they would look like in yellow jacket. $75 includes shipping the parts back to me? I don't think that is such a bad deal for a professional job.
I would like to see this also. I wouldnt mind paying the 75 bucks for a professional job, but do not want to have to purchase new ones if I dont like it.

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
gpeck5 said:
$75.00 is not a bad price at all. I'm in the autobody business and to color code these to match your car the materials alone are close to $50.00 never mind the labor. 1 pint of automotive paint depending on the color avarages around $35.00 to $55.00 per pint. Then add the reducers,surface prep etc and the price of $75.00 sounds really fair. It is very doubtfull that anyone that does this with a $1.99 can of spray paint will get a color match never mind a professional finish. (Just my $0.02 worth.) :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Go right into a paint store and tell them the paint code on your car, and the car year and model just to verify, and they can mix up the EXACT same paint and put it into a Spray Paint Can for you for about $12 a can. Then you can re-use that paint when you find more fun stuff to paint on the Goat! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts