LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I wrote my check to the dealer on 10/4/03 and got my order number a couple of weeks later, Ive been patiently waiting for a TPW on my car. Nada. Also, no "thank you letters from pontiac" or anything else. Ive dropped by the dealer a couple of times but nothing new there other than a paint chip on a display. I will add that this dealer is allegedly one with a good reputation and has had some involvement with the tracking. I was just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat, an order number with not even a TPW yet after more than a couple of months? Whats getting at me is Im reading about some of the later "walk-ons" who didnt even pre-order getting cars soon. Trying not to get upset....

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you have been folowing many of the threads here and particularly the post with Jim Hopson's letter you have seen the level of frustration of all of us as well as the considerable confusion and lack of progress on their promises from Pontiac. Though you were somewhat later in the game than some of us, early orders don't necessarily get you an early tpw ( I ordered Jun5 before the advance order program publically announced and had order number that day. TPW 10/30. Not exactly early.) Tails ordered in August and doesn't even have order number yet- I think he needs new dealer. Anyway name of the game now and still is lot of patience. Two cars to be delivered tomorrow sounds like so at least the trickle of cars has started. Long time to Niagra FAlls though.:(

As far as gettin cars soon, there is lots of BS outthere as the dealers tell us crap to keep us off their necks. Will be lots of people who think soon will be a while.:mad:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
GTOJim said:
Since I wrote my check to the dealer on 10/4/03 and got my order number a couple of weeks later, Ive been patiently waiting for a TPW on my car. Nada. Also, no "thank you letters from pontiac" or anything else. Ive dropped by the dealer a couple of times but nothing new there other than a paint chip on a display. I will add that this dealer is allegedly one with a good reputation and has had some involvement with the tracking. I was just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat, an order number with not even a TPW yet after more than a couple of months? Whats getting at me is Im reading about some of the later "walk-ons" who didnt even pre-order getting cars soon. Trying not to get upset....
I would work really hard on not getting upset. I ordered my car early August, and as near as I can tell, I will get mine sometime in February and there will probably be up to 1500 GTO owners getting theirs before me. Probably the only reason I'm able to stay fairly calm about it is that I live in MI and the car is going to avoid the salt and snow if at all possible.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
While I should get mine in a week or so - I signed my sales agreement on April 4th - so I had their first sale. The electronic order to GM was completed the 2nd day of pre order in June.

While the date looks early - I was actually hounding dealers in early Feb - so you can see I have been waiting forever (or at least it seems that way).

For all of that time - the only reliable info availible was on the boards (especially this one) - the dealers were not being told squat by Pontiac.

In fact when my dealer called last night with the VIN - he started off - "you probably already know this number". He was stunned when I told him he beat me to the punch this time.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I'm another one here who ordered August 7th and still no TPW.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I was hoping you early August guys had heard something. I figure three weeks after you hear something then I should hear something!!!
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Well, hopefully next Monday I will hear something!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
hey nothing to be sorry for. I ordered mine on 8/25. I have great hopes for hearing something this week. BTW you ordered on my birthday!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oops, I got yours and CMNTMXR57 date's mixed up. Sorry to cement mixer then, but I'm sure you'll get a TPW soon.

I'll make sure and have a drink to your birthday tonight, Tails. Hopefully it'll bring me good luck and get my GTO here quicker. I'm not sure how much longer my liver can hold out.

:drink:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
No problem.

I surely hope I hear something soon!

I remember my order date because my sister's B-da is 8/8. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
I ordered mine in late July afer switching from an original order in June from a dealer who wanted more $$$$. Had a TPW of 11/24 and a 3100 status, I'm now at 12/17 with a 3300 status, so the ball seems to be rolling, I think. I really don't know where that leaves delivery of the car, I assume late January or early February, but I really have no clue. I doubt 12/17 & 3300 means it's already built and in the shipping process, I assume it's supposed to be built next week, unless anyone else has a thought. What do you think DY, yours is somewhat similar to mine if I recall? I suspect the people with no TPW's will progress quickly once they're assigned, they seem to be on the case now, production wise anyway.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
The letter from Pontiac said 30-60 days from TPW. Mine moved from 11/24 to 12/1. I'm assuming I'll get my car in February.

Edit - actually it said 60-90...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am in the same boat guys...ordered mine in early August and got the form letter in early November about 30-60 days from TPW. I still ahve not recieved a TPW. Called dealer and he is a little ticked as well. I will probably end up getting mine in March, which is not all that bad in that it will avoid all the winter mess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts