LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I want to thank Joey and the Track Day committee for all the hard work that goes in to the event. I had a great time with all my friends and met some new ones this year too.

Now with the rant. I think, given the amount of outta town support this event gets, local support should be better. I know a lot of locals had breakdowns this year but even with that WE NEED MORE LOCAL SUPPORT.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Agreed and Agreed! Hell i even took my GXP down teh track a few times and showed up even though my car is broke... LOL

PS: Good News... the GTO was running yesterday and was running fine until the computer shit on me again. It is now out of the car and on its way to Big Stuff for repairs! I am just happy to know the motor is not hurt!

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed and Agreed! Hell i even took my GXP down teh track a few times and showed up even though my car is broke... LOL

PS: Good News... the GTO was running yesterday and was running fine until the computer shit on me again. It is now out of the car and on its way to Big Stuff for repairs! I am just happy to know the motor is not hurt!
Good deal Mick, will be good to see you on the track again.

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
I heard 1 common rant while walking around the pits talking to people and I am kind of surprised noone has said anything publically about it.. Maybe it will stay behind the scenes like it probably should.
Overall great event and it was a class act by all who were involved

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
joey ordered to much of a cool breeze ?

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard 1 common rant while walking around the pits talking to people and I am kind of surprised noone has said anything publically about it.. Maybe it will stay behind the scenes like it probably should.
Well I heard no real ranting, maybe because it was about me:bomb: (mine was personal and toward our locals). But I can tell you this, Joey would want to hear any beef about the event, if nothing more just to make it better. So even if any issues aren't put up on the board for discussion Joey should know by PMs.:cents:

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh BTW, Im the one who introduced myself Sat. morning then disappeared. Glad you made the trip, wish you could have had better luck.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
When we retire and move back to Tampa you can guarantee we will be locals and make all the events. 21 months and counting;)

·
keep it simple
2,098 Posts
It has been a great event every year and I have done them all. I find something to rant about every year but that is just me. I have fun and that is why I support every event.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
suggestions:

1. The Saturday night GTG, have a COMPLETE list prepared of ALL the things to be talked about.
  2. Maybe utilize some sort of speaker system instead of the loud yelling needed to project your voice over the crowd.
  3. Stand at one end and speak.
  4. Make sure the restaurant is better prepared to serve so many. It took way too long for service and then for food.
  5. I wish I had known about the pit setup on Sunday. I didn't realize there was a PAVED section until we had parked the trailer in the sand pit (which latter became a sand / dust bowl).

·
Registered
116 Posts
When we retire and move back to Tampa you can guarantee we will be locals and make all the events. 21 months and counting;)
U better look at NC! Way better than Tampa or anywhere in FL! Not where U are at now, the rest of the state. LOL! J/K How ya'll been?

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Todd - thank you for the support. The Committee works hard to improve the event each and every year and we believe that goal has always been reached, this year being no exception. You're also right that constructive criticism has been and will always be welcome and that's evidenced by the continual "tweaking" of the product each year the event has been held.

With regard to the lack of "local support", it is really somewhat puzzling. :scratch: And by "local", I mean all of Florida. But perhaps the state just doesn't have many GOAT owners interested in drag racing :dunno:

But to all those who attend, whether you came from around the corner or you made the fourth or fifth digit on your odometer roll to the next #, we can't express our appreciation enough. :hail:

tom's2005gto - Thanks for your input. Replies below.

suggestions:

1. The Saturday night GTG, have a COMPLETE list prepared of ALL the things to be talked about.

Had list. Changes were needed. Gotta be "flexible".
  2. Maybe utilize some sort of speaker system instead of the loud yelling needed to project your voice over the crowd.

Tried using the bullhorn. Didn't work quite as well as expected. Restaurant did not have a PA system. Perhaps we should have considerd renting a portable PA instead of the bullhorn.
  3. Stand at one end and speak.

I think better when I'm moving :) Besides, I didn't want to make the ears of everyone up at the one end of the deck ring for the entire rest of the weekend....lol
  4. Make sure the restaurant is better prepared to serve so many. It took way too long for service and then for food.

I'm not the owner or manager of the restaurant. They were told what improvements needed to be made over last year and we were assured the improvements would take place. The fact that they did not step up their game only sealed the decision not to hold the GM&E there in the future.
  5. I wish I had known about the pit setup on Sunday. I didn't realize there was a PAVED section until we had parked the trailer in the sand pit (which latter became a sand / dust bowl).

Although we try our best to communicate a whole lot of important information in an accessible and concise manner, something is always overlooked - by us or by those interested. The track's official website was posted up in multiple locations and it includes an aerial photograph of the facility.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
^^^ oh, ok my bad

·
I'm taken & she LOVES racing!
2,660 Posts
A common gripe? I didnt hear any griping... But then again changing all 4 tires twice, making 7 passes, eating lunch, and filling the nitrous bottle twice didnt leave much time....LOL

That headwind SUCKED though.

·
Yabba Dabba Doo!!
2,003 Posts
Ok I have rant, even though this by far from my first GTO type event. I had had a AWESOME time coming out drag racing for the first time.

I have learned there are more politics in cars than in government, every event there are things to improve on so mention them to the proper people but don't b*tch about them. You have more fun thinking about the fun times you had instead of the bad ones. Like the meet and great, service was slow so you got to get to hang out and get know some more people that way. So what if you did not win that trophy or the that race or whatever it is, that is what NEXT YEAR IS FOR!!!

Next year I think there were be more local support. I think this event helped show some of the local people what a good time can be had and I know there are lots of people either local or out of state that are looking over pictures and hearing the stories and pouting away that they did not make it. I think I proved along with some others that you do not have to even be into drag racing to go out and have a blast of a time, meet some great people and get a little rush running you car down the track. Heck how many cars did we have in the 14 second class or slower????

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
Well I heard no real ranting, maybe because it was about me:bomb: (mine was personal and toward our locals). But I can tell you this, Joey would want to hear any beef about the event, if nothing more just to make it better. So even if any issues aren't put up on the board for discussion Joey should know by PMs.:cents:
LOL, nothing about you..
Joey has received a PM

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.