LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
Hey now, I could have raced Sunday by swapping out the studs (and was offered help by my GTO buddies) but I'm patient and the kind of guy that likes to get the combo right. The new setup has a few "1st time" things on it for an LS1 GTO and this blower will push the Titanic so my tiny heads and N/A cam are big restrictions.

When it's done in the next few weeks we can hook up at Gainesville and run. I have no problem with that. All I can say is just be ready :turbonaug
I'm always ready....

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Don't worry guys, you wont see me up there for that event ever again.
I liked watching the car run. Good looking as well!

I'm always ready....
I know, you're Hardcore :pimp:

You run around with your laptop and air card in the van. That's got to be more dangerous then texting while driving. LOL.

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
I liked watching the car run. Good looking as well!

I know, you're Hardcore :pimp:

You run around with your laptop and air card in the van. That's got to be more dangerous then texting while driving. LOL.
only for the untrained

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Frank asked if he could attend, was sold a spot and raced, then gets blasted on here for kicking ass, Unbelievable. Funny how none of the other older GTOs that got their butts kicked are getting called out.
I never blasted him. I even looked forward to running him. I always have fun lining up against cars that are as fast or faster than me. That's why I always look forward to running the 5.99 idex races. I never blasted him until he came on here showing his ass and misstaing what he ran against me. BTW, I can post the 9.093 slip if needed. What seems strange to me is how he claims he is so much faster than the rest of us but he was less than a tenth and a half faster than me on the two passes combined (.05 and .09). Either he is full of shit or he is an idiot for only alowing fractions of a second in error against me.
Since I started this deal with a simple comment about what I heard many times in the pits , and now we have a ****y ass on here running his mouth who obviously knows nothing about the 04-06 gto. Oh I have a 3340lb racecar and purposely rolled .100 in because noone had a chance.. Are you smurfing kidding me..
Lets take a poll from the other 7 competitors who ran the quick 8 and get there thoughts..
One thing positive can come from this, me and slowgoat have agreed twice in two days. That has never happened before. :gr_jest:

I think that comment says alot.

Everyone on THIS forum knows that the "give or take"
would have to be 400-600 lbs.:rolleyes:
Very valid point. Let's take 500lbs out of my car, put 15 inch wide slicks on it, and a solid axle and I would have wiped my ass with Franks car all day long no matter what "setup" he had left in the car.

All of that said, he says he could put gas on his car and run 7.90's........and pigs could fly if they had wings.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
I never blasted him. I even looked forward to running him. I always have fun lining up against cars that are as fast or faster than me. That's why I always look forward to running the 5.99 idex races. I never blasted him until he came on here showing his ass and misstaing what he ran against me. BTW, I can post the 9.093 slip if needed. What seems strange to me is how he claims he is so much faster than the rest of us but he was less than a tenth and a half faster than me on the two passes combined (.05 and .09). Either he is full of shit or he is an idiot for only alowing fractions of a second in error against me.

One thing positive can come from this, me and slowgoat have agreed twice in two days. That has never happened before. :gr_jest:
ery valid point. Let's take 500lbs out of my car, put 15 inch wide slicks on it, and a solid axle and I would have wiped my ass with Franks car all day long no matter what "setup" he had left in the car.

All of that said, he says he could put gas on his car and run 7.90's........and pigs could fly if they had wings.
Travis you are a great customer and a friend,but i must say whats in my heart..............................you dont need a stinking straight axle!

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #167

Very valid point. Let's take 500lbs out of my car, put 15 inch wide slicks on it, and a solid axle and I would have wiped my ass with Franks car all day long no matter what "setup" he had left in the car.

I wasn't saying you personally bashed, I only meant Frank paid his money and showed up to race and is taking a verbal beating for showing up to what he viewed as an "All GTO Track Day"

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
sponcer s 2 cents

I personaly was caught of guard when i heard that a drag car,electronics and all, was going to be run with the quick 8 class,after all 99% of the participants are from the 04-06 gto site.I think in a bracket race it boils down to the driver,the handicap puts it down to a drivers race,wich i like.so being in the braket race,he had no advantage.and im fine with that.I have always been the type to like competion on an even playing field,i have a 20ft bassboat with an outboard,i race it once in a while and it runs low 11s in the quarter,pretty fast for a boat with a trolling motor and a live well!.There is rarely a day when theres a boat on the lake that can put up a fight,ive never been outrun as a matter of a fact,but i dont get a chance to run that much.Im the type of guy that knows the guy reving his motor doesnt have a prayer,so i dont waste my time,others would race a canoe just to say they out run somebody..I love watching fast cars as well,but i think most of the guys that suport this event are 04-06 gto guys,and personaly saying that a 67 gto is family is absurd,the only thing GTO on a 04-06 is the name plate.If you watch, this years lsx shootout will be a dud,why ,because there were to many bracket cars .I love a good bracket race,when i want to see one i go,i went to the lsx shootout to see lsx cars shootng it out.I went to the fla race to see 04-06 gtos.......my 2 cents...

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I personally like cars, in general. I liked seeing Franks car compete. I also thought T-bones car was way more impressive, I mean he was 700lbs heavier and only a few .10ths slower (and Im a little biased toward the "fake" GTOs).

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
Bashing your car, when did that happen? If your offended by the fact that that some with slower cars may view your car as fast enough to be a "racecar" then thats on you, your the one viewing Franks as a "racecar". I haven't and won't be bashing anyones car, I view each car as the owners idea of what THEY want. Therefore I could care less what other people build.
Once again, you must have not noticed the stickers for head lights or the lack of turn signals or windows that dont roll up or down. Your an idiot if you view that car as anything but an all out bracket/race car..
Maybe those that viewed my car as a race car are the same ones that come up to me and ask how much HP I have and when I answer over 800 they respond with Oh man thats not street legal..
Its a good thing that travis needed 45 minutes to cool down because had that been me racing Frankie in the final I wouldnt have given him time to shut the car off before we took the green light a second time

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Travis you are a great customer and a friend,but i must say whats in my heart..............................you dont need a stinking straight axle!
Don't worry. You couldn't give me one. :)
I wasn't saying you personally bashed, I only meant Frank paid his money and showed up to race and is taking a verbal beating for showing up to what he viewed as an "All GTO Track Day"
I don't remember anyone bashing him for coming. Maybe I missed a post or two. I know some felt he didn't fit in, me included. I never complained about running him and won't. The most fun I have at the strip is usually when I am running "race cars". Not bragging but there just aren't that many street cars in the low nines or high 5's. A close race is a fun race. I was just slightly chafed when he came in here talking about how he "let everyone leave" and how he could have beat the socks off of everyone there. I will say he had the quickest car there but not by enough to detune the car. You just never know when you might need those extra car lengths. I proved that on our first pass against each other. I am glad he came on here and showed his true colors though.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
If your offended by the fact that that some with slower cars may view your car as fast enough to be a "racecar" then thats on you, your the one viewing Franks as a "racecar".
Once again, you must have not noticed the stickers for head lights or the lack of turn signals or windows that dont roll up or down. Your an idiot if you view that car as anything but an all out bracket/race car..
Maybe those that viewed my car as a race car are the same ones that come up to me and ask how much HP I have and when I answer over 800 they respond with Oh man thats not street legal..
Its a good thing that travis needed 45 minutes to cool down because had that been me racing Frankie in the final I wouldnt have given him time to shut the car off before we took the green light a second time
Your missing my point, It's all about point of view, some people see your car as a racecar, you don't. I never said Franks car wasn't one, it obviously is. If Mick showed in an '04 solid axle tubbed and whipping everyone would that have been an issue? I think not. I didn't think it was odd to see a racecar at a racetrack.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Your missing my point, It's all about point of view, some people see your car as a racecar, you don't. I never said Franks car wasn't one, it obviously is. If Mick showed in an '04 solid axle tubbed and whipping everyone would that have been an issue? I think not. I didn't think it was odd to see a racecar at a racetrack.
What was odd was seeing a 6 speed street car wearing out a race car. That was awesome!

·
Banned
101 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

There is a reason I went to the first two events and never went back. Now most of you know what it is. I once tried to make some constructive criticism about a different event and received much the same response as hardcore did here, now I know how pointless it is.

Even so...since everyone else is putting in their two cents, here is mine:

JoeyD, I think you're a good guy, but....It sounds to me like the two people that made the decision to let the race car run against a bunch of street cars made the wrong decision (I'm content to agree to disagree with you here).

I get it though, you guys can't possibly admit that you MAY have made a mistake. You know, like the guy that forgot to switch the tree.......

You guys can keep the ALL-GTO track day. I'll continue to avoid it. Not because of the cars, but because of a select few people. I'll stick to the Mustang v GTO and Southeast shootouts, at least there it's us against them instead of us against us.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #175

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Wow. Just wow.

There is a reason I went to the first two events and never went back. Now most of you know what it is. I once tried to make some constructive criticism about a different event and received much the same response as hardcore did here, now I know how pointless it is.

Even so...since everyone else is putting in their two cents, here is mine:

JoeyD, I think you're a good guy, but....It sounds to me like the two people that made the decision to let the race car run against a bunch of street cars made the wrong decision (I'm content to agree to disagree with you here).

I get it though, you guys can't possibly admit that you MAY have made a mistake. You know, like the guy that forgot to switch the tree.......

You guys can keep the ALL-GTO track day. I'll continue to avoid it. Not because of the cars, but because of a select few people. I'll stick to the Mustang v GTO and Southeast shootouts, at least there it's us against them instead of us against us.
Via, Certainly not everyone agrees with the running of every event, Hell when we ran the index classes out I thought I won but the track staff said no you have to run the quick 8 winner in the final. I didn't think that was right but I said WTF get him up here and watch this.:rules:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
and I hope we have a next year.
simple
^^this

and judging by this thread its not likely to change his mind now. He told us awhile back and of course I hoped he might think twice because like it or not he puts on one HELL of a weekend. Its been the biggest GTO racing event in the country for 5yrs.

Anyone miss the old florida vs georgia events? well add another one to the good old days cause I can't imagine anyone stepping up and doing anything near equal to what joey does. 5 incredible years

I would love for someone to come on here and say they had a shitty weekend and honestly mean it? You could have just watched the race? you could have had your once fast car sitting in the garage torn apart gathering dust for the better part of 2yrs or you could have gone and raced and had a great f'ing time, win or lose, who cares......its about friends and family and just fun.
I've had like 3 shitty years with bradenton, but it was still fun as hell even watching the racing and just being around friends

Having run one event, its a ton of work and there is nobody better than a banker at getting people (sponsors) to hand over money, even in this incredibly tough economy. Plus its not like he is a spring chicken.. ;)

Unfortunately due to some personal problems I could not make the event and am sorry to have let Joey down.

I guess everyone can continue to bitch and come next year what then? nothing.......

Unfortunately that date has yet to be determined. And that's because I decided several months ago that it's time for me to pass on the torch as coordinator and the Committee was advised of my decision at that time.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
^^this

and judging by this thread its not likely to change his mind now. He told us awhile back and of course I hoped he might think twice because like it or not he puts on one HELL of a weekend.

Anyone miss the old florida vs georgia events? well add another one to the good old days cause I can't imagine anyone stepping up and doing anything near equal to what joey does. 5 incredible years

I would love for someone to come on here and say they had a shitty weekend and honestly mean it? You could have just watched the race? you could have had your once fast car sitting in the garage torn apart gathering dust for the better part of 2yrs or you could have gone and raced and had a great f'ing time, win or lose, who cares......its about friends and family and just fun.
I've had like 3 shitty years with bradenton, but it was still fun as hell even watching the racing and just being around friends

Having run one event, its a ton of work and there is nobody better than a banker at getting people to hand over money (sponsors).

Unfortunately due to some personal problems I could not make the event and am sorry to have let Joey down.

I guess everyone can continue to bitch and come next year what then? nothing.......
Well said.

·
Creator of the Pizza Doctrine
4,506 Posts
Good luck, cause there's no BS or a select few of 'those' people at that even either :rolleyes:

·
2/23/2007 = [email protected]
3,962 Posts
At this time.....I'll refrain from adding any suggestions, and criticism....constructive, or otherwise relevant to the Rally itself.

That being said......what might have been interesting.....matching up the 2 Fastest (ETs) Goats......one must be a 2004-2006 model...with a 100% handicap between their Fastest ET of the day.....if one exceeded their Fastest ET, it would be a DQ.....if both exceeded their Fastest ET.....winner gets the Trophy and or $ Purse.

Fastest ET prior to any competitive competition.....awarded the Top ET Trophy and applicable $ Purse based on place, if any......might even offer a buy in and pay several ET places.

This is just a short version releavnt to Quick 8 comments only.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.