LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made it to the track Wednesday night for the first time since I got the GTO. It is still basically stock except for a K&N panel filter and some minor TM adjustments (raised shift points, rev limiter etc.)

She ran three 13.6's each at 102.something. I was pretty pleased but I can't wait to get the torque converter installed. Headers, cam, and possibly heads are on my list then we'll see what she can do.

BTW, in run number one, I beat a Mach 1 (stock) by about the same margin as in the magazine story, one 10th or so. I'll look for some cobras after the other work is done!

Dave

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had it just over two weeks and I have 1600 on it. I had to drive from Orlando to Pensacola to get it so I started with a 450 mile test drive. I hope to slow the progression a little now. But at least I'm getting her broke in quick.

Dave

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Since the track doesn't open around here til' spring and we have the same car I will just assume that I got the same time!
:D

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Want me to scan my slips and send them to you? (Ha, ha)

·
3,327 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
Want me to scan my slips and send them to you? (Ha, ha)
Don't Tempt Tails. ;)

·
Nothing
53 Posts
Great to see I am not the only one drag racing :)

Who did your tuning? The best ET I could get with the car bone stock was [email protected] but a local tuner said that we can get an easy 3/10ths with tuning even on a bone stock car. It looks more like 4/10ths after seeing your times. Good job!

·
Nothing
53 Posts
What size converter are you going with? I used a 2600 stall Vigilante but am thinking about having it redone to 3200-3400 rpm.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tterbo said:
Great to see I am not the only one drag racing :)

Who did your tuning? The best ET I could get with the car bone stock was [email protected] but a local tuner said that we can get an easy 3/10ths with tuning even on a bone stock car. It looks more like 4/10ths after seeing your times. Good job!
I had Mike Norris of Norris Motorsports in Orlando. He specializes in Vettes and F-Bodies (and now GTO's).

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tterbo said:
What size converter are you going with? I used a 2600 stall Vigilante but am thinking about having it redone to 3200-3400 rpm.
I'll probably go with a 3200.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
tterbo said:
Torque converters are a waste of money unless they at or above 3200 :thumbs: :drink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't wait to get out to the track.
I would like to do heads & Cam with long tubes.
Should i wait till i have more miles on engine first.
only got 989 on it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts