LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the temp was 86, and altitude is 1300 feet. I made two runs, 1st was stock setting, then I programmed in the Predator.
1st run [email protected] .228 R/T.
2nd run [email protected] .410 R/T
I am very dissapointed that I did not get mid to low 13's. No excuses, T/C was off, 3rd gear. The consolation for me was that many people told me the track was running at least a 1/2 second slower than usual. There was a black M6 GTO from MD that ran 15.10 and 14.7. He told me the track is about a second behind, and he has a stock M6. Two STI's ran 15.6 and 14.9.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
TprGTO said:
Well the temp was 86, and altitude is 1300 feet. I made two runs, 1st was stock setting, then I programmed in the Predator.
I am very dissapointed that I did not get mid to low 13's.
Nah, don't be disappointed. Stock, the best I could manage with the same weather and similar altitude was a 14.2.

But the 102.7 traps mean you're putting 320+hp to the wheels and your Predator gained you 30+hp at the wheels. :eek:

That's pretty friggin awesome if you ask me. So :drink: .

What were your 60's?

Padre

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
TprGTO said:
I am very dissapointed that I did not get mid to low 13's. No excuses, T/C was off, 3rd gear. The consolation for me was that many people told me the track was running at least a 1/2 second slower than usual. There was a black M6 GTO from MD that ran 15.10 and 14.7. He told me the track is about a second behind, and he has a stock M6. Two STI's ran 15.6 and 14.9.
So... (Any 60 ft. times?)
[email protected] for you without Predator
[email protected] for you with the Predator (.21 seconds quicker & 3.77 MPH)
[email protected]? for the M6
[email protected]? for the M6
[email protected]? for an STI
[email protected]? for the other STI

Either with or without the Predator, and corrected or not, guess who was King of the Hill here... :D Technically, the Predator was worth .21 seconds if everything else had been equal. The 1/2 or 1 second off normal was probably due to the lack of track preparation for T&T. All things considered, I'll take .21 seconds for $350.00 and not even getting my hands dirty! :thumbs: Way to go TprGTO! I'll bet the numbers have some other folks going SHEESH! Nearly a second quicker than an M6? It's supposed to be the other way around. There ARE quicker, but not tonight! :D

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
P.s.

TprGTO said:
You would have run a 13.69 if the track was only .2 seconds off tonight (reduced for Dilbert's Lying Weasel Factor). See where this is going? :thumbs:

·
8,959 Posts
Old Goat said:
If you'd been as quick on the R/T, that'd correct to a 13.71, or .4 quicker.
Reaction times don't add into the E/Ts. Your R/T can be 10 seconds and your E/T and traps would be the same. R/Ts only matter when your only interest is getting across the line before the other guy (which means 90% of the time :) ).

But still, 30hp+ is excellent for the Predator alone. :bubbrub

Any chance you could post all the numbers from the timeslip Trooper? That'll give us a better idea.

Padre

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Reaction time doesn't change your ET

Old Goat said:
You would have run a 13.7 if your R/T the second time was as good as the first. Now, lets assume the track was only .2 seconds off tonight (reduced for Dilbert's Lying Weasel Factor). That run could have been a 13.5 or better. See where this is going? :thumbs:
Reaction time only determines if your quicker out of the box. The timer
does not start until you break the beam. :)
You were right at about where I thought you would be, although I am
pleasantly surprised with the predator run. I'm glad I got mine.
Nice job TPR! You did a nice job!

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
I stand connected

PadreGTO said:
Reaction times don't add into the E/Ts. Your R/T can be 10 seconds and your E/T and traps would be the same. R/Ts only matter when your only interest is getting across the line before the other guy (which means 90% of the time :) ).

But still, 30hp+ is excellent for the Predator alone. :bubbrub

Any chance you could post all the numbers from the timeslip Trooper? That'll give us a better idea.

Padre
Agreed, forgot for a senior moment... :D Still, numbers now untweaked, not bad for a second day at the track... :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
TprGTO:

Excellent results. Predator improvement was impressive. Old Goat rightfully points out that you are on the way to some really quick runs, and you dominated tonight under real race conditions.

·
8,959 Posts
Old Goat said:
Agreed, forgot for a senior moment... :D Still, numbers now untweaked, not bad for a second day at the track... :D
Indeed, and now I want to see the whole slip, especially the 60-foot times. His times are an excellent advertisement for the Predator. :thumbs:

Padre

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1st run 2nd run
R/t= .228 .410
60= 2.115 1.89
330= 5.981 5.287
1/8= 9.111 8.345
mph= 79.06 83.5
1000= 11.81 11.01
1/4= 14.10 13.89
mph= 98.93 102.7

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Both run conditions

TprGTO said:
1st run 2nd run
R/t= .228 .410
60= 2.115 1.89
330= 5.981 5.287
1/8= 9.111 8.345
mph= 79.06 83.5
1000= 11.81 11.01
1/4= 14.10 13.89
mph= 98.93 102.7
Both runs T/C off and in 3rd gear all the way?

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Old Goat said:
Both runs T/C off and in 3rd gear all the way?
Yes, that is what frustrated me. I thought I would have run better the second time. I should look at the two runs and be happy with the Predator difference.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Don't be frustrated

TprGTO said:
Yes, that is what frustrated me. I thought I would have run better the second time. I should look at the two runs and be happy with the Predator difference.
You did a hek of a job. Practice makes perfect. You'll get to where you wanna be, be patient. You'll get there. Again, very nice job and thanks
for posting your results.

·
8,959 Posts
TprGTO said:
1st run 2nd run
60= 2.115 1.89
1.89??? Friggin awesome. :eek:

How did you manage that? What was the launch like? Just "mash it" or did you try any brake-stall? Any difference in how you launched on the two?

To give you some perspective, the best I ever managed on my 330hp WRX was a 1.801, and that was with AWD, sticky tires, and a brake-stall launch at 4100rpm. So a 1.89 is, shall we say, very very nice. :)

Padre

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My friend asked me how I launched off the line after the first run. I told him my left foot was on the brake and the right foot on the gas. After the 3rd yellow light, I punched the gas, and let off the brake. He told me to have my feet in the same position, except to press hard on the brake, and apply the gas unitl I feel the car start to move forward. I had the RPM's to about 1800. Then after the 3rd Yellow light, I matted the gas.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Freaking perfect

TprGTO said:
My friend asked me how I launched off the line after the first run. I told him my left foot was on the brake and the right foot on the gas. After the 3rd yellow light, I punched the gas, and let off the brake. He told me to have my feet in the same position, except to press hard on the brake, and apply the gas unitl I feel the car start to move forward. I had the RPM's to about 1800. Then after the 3rd Yellow light, I matted the gas.
Just freaking perfect technique..... :thumbs:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All aside from my earlier bickering, I have two questions. How does a higher altitude affect performance? How much theoretical difference could slicks have made on my second run?

·
8,959 Posts
TprGTO said:
Perfect. Very impressive.

I've been learning launch techniques for the LS1 and RWD and the best I managed stock was a 2.08.

Padre

1 - 20 of 43 Posts