LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the track tonight. Bandimere Speedway, Denver, Colorado. Elevation 6000ft.....Sucking on air up here and learning to drag race the car for the first time I turned several runs at well over 100 mph, but had terrible sixty foot times like 2.6 and 2.9 accompanied by a lot of wheel hop and spinning.
Best run was 14.2 at 6000ft altitude, corrected to 13.10 at sea level, at 102.2mph. CAN YOU SAY SUSPENSION MODS NEEDED!!!!!!!
AND PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
As bad as that may seem, it was still an inspiration to the rest of us. I gotta say that blower is tempting as hell. I might try to work with Mike at EPS (and my wife!) to get that beautiful thing on my A4.

Congratulations on your times! Thanks to Gary, and Chuck, and Agent004 (I'm sorry, but I've forgotten your name. :( ) for coming out last night.

I ran three times, twice with a passenger. Best of [email protected] Bone stock still, but I dropped the rear tires down to 25psi. Haven't taken the time to see how that compares with corrected times.

Again, big thanks to everyone! I'll have the few pics I was able to take up on the website today.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Great night for hanging with fellow racers, but not such a great night for racing.

I really needed the practice and should have made at least one run without a passenger. Oh well.

So my three times were…
15.251 @ 92.70 MPH
15.294 @ 92.37 MPH
15.524 @ 91.03 MPH

Best 60’ - 2.323
Best R/T - .010

Weight – 4010 lbs with a passenger and me.

¼ a tank gas and no race prep other then 40 lbs air in the fronts and 30 lbs in the rears. Did not remove any thing from the interior or trunk (or even the exterior, like that honda did :rolleyes: ).

The track was very sticky – the prep seemed to be great – I was not able to spin off the line. I think next time I’ll need to rev a bit higher, lose the passenger, lose the junk in the truck, and I might have a chance in heck in hitting a 14.999999 at mile high.

Hope I can make it next Wednesday.

BTW – it was great seeing everyone there.
Way to go Mike on improving your times.
Very nice ‘hotrod’ you have Jeff. You definitely will be seeing 13.9’s with just a little more practice (next Wed maybe?).
Too bad your not broken in yet Gary – you need to take a long cruise this weekend so you can join us next Wed.
And is it Doug or DJ with the Black GTO – I am so bad with names :bomb: . What was your best run of the night?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Was great to see everyone and watch the action.

Sorry to be a party pooper and just watch but with grand kids there and my low mileage I thought it best to pass this week. I'm just over 500 miles after the trip there yesterday so after an oil change I'll feel better about 'floggin the beast' a bit. It'll be my first in a l-o-n-g time to race with a stick AND I'll still be quite gingerly on the gear box so will have to see about next week.?. Got the brochures for both the blower and mod kits -- both look interesting -- decisions/decisions.

Bummer I missed seeing DJ (Doug?? -- what can I say, I'm over 50 :confused: ) run his machine...I didn't even know you were there...sorry.

chargedGTO said:
Just got back from the track tonight. Bandimere Speedway, Denver, Colorado. Elevation 6000ft.....Sucking on air up here and learning to drag race the car for the first time I turned several runs at well over 100 mph, but had terrible sixty foot times like 2.6 and 2.9 accompanied by a lot of wheel hop and spinning.
Best run was 14.2 at 6000ft altitude, corrected to 13.10 at sea level, at 102.2mph. CAN YOU SAY SUSPENSION MODS NEEDED!!!!!!!

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
OK. Here're the pics I managed to snag before the weather turned sour. Click for the full-size image:

Anyone going to join me next week?

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Doric said:
Possibly. I read that Bob ran 13.08! Awesome! Mitch broke into the 13s too.

It'll take a little while, but our Goats will be there soon enough.

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
chargedGTO said:
Still, a great time. You would be deep into the 13s with decent 60's. How are you launching?

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Nice Pics - Thanks for posting them.

I am going to try

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
jagular said:
How are you launching?
Violently, from where I was standing. There was so much wheelhop and spinning, I was fearful for the rearend. The exhaust was just about bouncing off of the pavement.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Sidebar: I didn't see anyone last night doing any peglegged burnouts.

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Doric said:
Sidebar: I didn't see anyone last night doing any peglegged burnouts.
:gr_jest: Yeah. Now that I'm at 1600 miles with an oil change I've laid down several patches, in pairs everytime.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
jagular said:
:gr_jest: Yeah. Now that I'm at 1600 miles with an oil change I've laid down several patches, in pairs everytime.
Go figure, huh? :p

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm trying to feather the clutch when I leave. I'm looking into getting slicks for the car as well. But most of all, I just need practice with the car and leaving with the clutch and supercharger.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good 1st Time W/04

Hey guys! It was an ok night, a lot different for me than running in my older GTO's. Need to get some better tires plus I really wasn't pushing it that hard. My best time was 15.4, 93mph, never got out of 4th gear. Will try to make it up next week if ok weather. Mean while be safe! (JD, BLK 04)

RedhotGTO said:
Great night for hanging with fellow racers, but not such a great night for racing.

I really needed the practice and should have made at least one run without a passenger. Oh well.

So my three times were…
15.251 @ 92.70 MPH
15.294 @ 92.37 MPH
15.524 @ 91.03 MPH

Best 60’ - 2.323
Best R/T - .010

Weight – 4010 lbs with a passenger and me.

¼ a tank gas and no race prep other then 40 lbs air in the fronts and 30 lbs in the rears. Did not remove any thing from the interior or trunk (or even the exterior, like that honda did :rolleyes: ).

The track was very sticky – the prep seemed to be great – I was not able to spin off the line. I think next time I’ll need to rev a bit higher, lose the passenger, lose the junk in the truck, and I might have a chance in heck in hitting a 14.999999 at mile high.

Hope I can make it next Wednesday.

BTW – it was great seeing everyone there.
Way to go Mike on improving your times.
Very nice ‘hotrod’ you have Jeff. You definitely will be seeing 13.9’s with just a little more practice (next Wed maybe?).
Too bad your not broken in yet Gary – you need to take a long cruise this weekend so you can join us next Wed.
And is it Doug or DJ with the Black GTO – I am so bad with names :bomb: . What was your best run of the night?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
JD, you should get me some information as well, so I can build you a profile on the website. :)

Your black '04 is absolutely gorgeous. Even with the overcast sky in the picture above, it almost glows. In a menacing sort of way. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts