LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fiorello Motorsports
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the track will be preped really good, but just wondering if there is going to be a street tire lane and a slick/drag radial lane or are both lanes going to be open for either?

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
ive never heard of a set lane for street tires or drag radials! its that how they do it up there? you're talking about each side of the track, right? as far as i've ever seen, they are both prepped the same.

·
8 second club
2,352 Posts
I heard the track will be preped really good, but just wondering if there is going to be a street tire lane and a slick/drag radial lane or are both lanes going to be open for either?
Last year both lanes were open to all and both lanes were
prepped the same and maintained throughout the day.

I expect the track to be prepped VERY well.

edit:
Yesterday, we did some T&T, and the track set up a "slick/drag radial" lane and a "street tire lane".....we had to
run the cheap lane because only six and seven second cars were allowed in the "slick/drag radial" lane.:)

·
Fiorello Motorsports
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last rental we went to at Atco (i know i know LOL) the guys that rented the track would only let street tires cars in one lane so they did not eat up the starting line and slick/drag radial cars where in the other.

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
hmm interesting. i hope the track is well prepped. i need a nice 1/4-mile pass to compare with my best 1/8-mile pass. im hoping for 12.7-12.8's

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
As said both lanes were open to all but the track did a very nice job of maintaining the prep with "gold dust". Not sure what exactly that is but it works. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts