LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
--Insert witty comment here--
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search, but to no avail.
Has anyone looked into making a TCS defeat module like SLP does for the F-body?
The SLP unit made the car default to off, then you pushed the button to turn it on.
Any ideas? Is it something like CAGS that can be defeated through tuning?
:confused:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I certainly need this, tonight at GLD it was so busy I only got to make one run and I forgot to turn the #$%^ tc off! I did alright dispite that but it really pissed me off.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've been looking for a while but nothing available yet. I've even tried making my own but that hasn't worked out well either. When time permits I'll get back to it and will post the results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you ever find a solution to this make sure you post it.

What's worse than launching with tc on?

Launching when its in first and waiting for it to hit second, and waiting and waiting and ... :banghead: "f&#k, why's it in first" :slap:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was speaking to SLP about 2 weeks ago about mods for the Goat, they said there will be another product list released about late Aug to mid September that will include TRac Off ( like on F Body ), Firehawk like wheels for the Goats, thier own Air Kit along with other stuff.

They claim they have a number of products that are almost ready to release. We'll see.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
I automatically turn mine off too, but yesterday it was a little slick out, had it off
and MAN! that rear end couldn't bite for sh!t, and I was barely into the throttle.
If it's wet at all these cars on stock tires don't like it a bit.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
The 2 most useless features in my car that came standard with the goat:

1. vanity mirrors.

2. traction control

I live in the desert and I have near perfect driving conditions 350 days of the year. During those rare days when we do get rain, my GTO stays in the garage. It does not snow, all the roads are well paved, so what do I need traction control for?

My sequence when I get in the goat: depress clutch, turn on iginition, turn T/C off, reach around to lock door and grab seat belt, release parking brake, depress clutch again, shift to "R", watch smoke come out of rear tires as I am backing out of garage........

he he he

With TC off, I can bark the rear tires even shifting 3-4. I understand the concept of TC for you poor folks that live in rain/snow states but it is really worthless to me. I would gladly give up traction control for a bigger set of brakes and stiffer suspension.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sam 04 GTO said:
Desertgoat-
My thoughts exactly!
I live in Vegas fer cryin' out loud! What's rain?!
;)
The rain sucks sometimes and so does the cold, but I just gotta have some green grass every now and then. :cool:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I dont know man this whole thread just makes me wonder......Its just a simple push of a button.........

·
--Insert witty comment here--
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dbluegoat said:
I dont know man this whole thread just makes me wonder......Its just a simple push of a button.........
It's not about that, its about having the car the way YOU want it, not some engineer.
;)
That's why we put intakes, cams, wheels/tires on the car.
:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sam 04 GTO said:
It's not about that, its about having the car the way YOU want it, not some engineer.
;)
That's why we put intakes, cams, wheels/tires on the car.
:D
It's also about the fact I keep forgetting to turn it off :banghead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts