LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
sorry for that i meant 50 watts this is the one i ordered

http://cgi.ebay.com/2pcs-6-Ohm-50W-Turn-Signal-LED-Bulbs-Load-Resistors_W0QQitemZ200359123158QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea65598d6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1171|293%3A1|294%3A50

and sorry for the typo again i hope this will work with you
no problem, that will help a lot. thanks again

·
Registered
77 Posts
RAVE: Thanks a lot for all your help guys. I got the resistors put in yesterday and everything is back to normal!!

Thanks again, Jared

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm happy it works with you :)

·
Performance Addict
122 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I put LED bulbs in my car and the Traction Control will not come on. So I searched and landed here. I kind of figured the bulbs had something to do with it since that was changed... I find it odd that the circuit is that sensitive but the original bulbs took care of the TC issue for me.

Thanks to everyone for sharing the information on this issue. I may just stick with the standard bulbs for the tail/stop lights and leave the rest with the LED's. I am not too keen on the idea of the load resistors in the circuit.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found out the hard way that LED brake bulbs will cause the traction control to get stuck off. I replaced the traction control switch for no reason. I was almost going to take it to the repair shop for expensive $$ diagnosis before I came across this thread. T/C came back right away with standard 1157 bulbs. There should be a sticky somewhere warning GTO owners not to install LED brake bulbs, or to use the resistor band-aid described above if you still want to go with LEDs.

·
Need to Speed!!!!!
475 Posts
T/C Stuck On

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I now have this problem after having the front tie rod ends replaced and a full front/rear alignment done. Is the information from CHA-LEE still valid and do you think it applies to my car's problem? I want to be able to take it back to my shop with something they can work with since I WILL NOT take my care to the stealership here. Nothing but trouble there.
I have an 06 PBM. No other dashboard codes are showing. No other modifications mentioned here have been done. Thanks!

ssilverado60> There are a couple of things that can cause the Traction Control to turn off automatically. The most common failure are misaligned stub axel sensors on both sides of the differential. Get under the car and look at the rear upper portion of the diff. You will see a sensor on each side of the diff that is "Looking at" the ribs on the stub axels coming out of the diff. These sensors need to be very close to the ribs, only 1 or 2 mm away. If they are further away than that they can not "See" the ribs on the stub axel. These sensors are used to monitor the axel speed. It takes this data and compares it to the front wheel speed. This is how the BCM knows if the rear tires have lost traction and are spinning faster than the front tires. If the sensors are not working properly then it disables the Traction Control automatically because it can't figure out the wheel speed of each tire independently. Make sure to check the wiring harnesses that go to the sensors too.

You want to get this fixed because this not only affects the Traction Control but the ABS functionality as well. When the BCM can't accurately measure each wheels speed it can't "Step in and assist" on either acceleration or under braking. So this can be dangerous if not fixed.

There are other conditions that could cause the Traction Control to turn off but most of the time in those cases there is also a Check Engine Light posted along with it. Do you have a Check Engine Light turned on? If so go to a local auto store and have them pull the CEL code and post it here so we can help you troubleshoot it.

If you want the Traction Control to turn off automatically on purpose, I sell a product that does just that :)

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
I wouldn't think doing front tierods and an alignment would have any affect on all this unless they buggered up one of the ABS sensors in the process and if that happened you'd have an ABS fault and warning light on the dash.

No LED bulbs in the brake lights? Or perhaps a burned out brake light bulb?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts