LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what kills traction control (not the button)

scenario: just giving it the gas on the highway (WOT) and it will turn off occasionally or speeding (in mexico) 80-90+ and it will also turn off. comes back on with a car restart, not seeing any trouble codes specifically turning it off. get a p0101 but i dont think thats the issue since ive had the code but TC on.

·
Administrator
20,421 Posts
If memory serves, MAF related failures will do this. Any other codes?

Reactions: Sacrifice

·
Worthless reject member
40,993 Posts
I postulate, by extension, anything the ebcm or ecm uses to calculate engine torque, or wheelspin.

Wheel apeed sensors could fall under this.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If memory serves, MAF related failures will do this. Any other codes?
only other codes have been secondary 02 (disabled check engine light) and occasionally a bank rich code which i havent seen occur at the same time.

maybe its the 101 since thats VE vs MAF readings but ive sworn ive had code on and TC still on. i need to get around to tuning the VE table though (crappy tune from a previous owner, so i re-enabled VE)
I postulate, by extension, anything the ebcm or ecm uses to calculate engine torque, or wheelspin.

Wheel apeed sensors could fall under this.
wheelspeed seems to be fine? not having any weird speedo issues at least.

·
Worthless reject member
40,993 Posts
P0101 might have went from pending to "FU, TCS off nao!" Or it's an intermiddant issue and when the hiccup happens, it trips the TCS but no MIL because it hasn't happened twice. Then the code might be stored, but the condition isn't there again when you restart the engine.

Wouldn't hurt to pull codes from the ebcm, either.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P0101 might have went from pending to "FU, TCS off nao!" Or it's an intermiddant issue and when the hiccup happens, it trips the TCS but no MIL because it hasn't happened twice. Then the code might be stored, but the condition isn't there again when you restart the engine.

Wouldn't hurt to pull codes from the ebcm, either.
Pull the codes from ebcm?

·
Administrator
20,421 Posts
If you are throwing MAF codes you either have a problem or need a tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts