LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
Joined
·
58,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed in like the past month that traffic has gotten worse? It seems that there are 500,000 more drivers on the road just this month. It is now starting to take me 40 minutes to get to work versus 20 it took me my first month here (at my new job).

WTF is going on yo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
Try living in the springs. The construction down here sucks. My 7 min drive to school now takes me 40 minutes. Its stupid. So i definetly feel for you. :The_Villa
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,425 Posts
yeah its gotten worse everywhere.
and north springs is one of the worst traffic spots ive ever seen.
even this morning, I was rolling into work at 6am and the traffic is bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
It totally feels liek it has gotten worse........wasn't T-REX supposed to take care of this....and shouldn't they have made another lane, 5 don't seem enough! :drink:
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,432 Posts
It's entirely too easy to get a driver's license in this state, IMO.
 

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
Joined
·
3,500 Posts
It may be that summer is over so people aren't taking vacations anymore. 10% of the work force was on vacation all summer, so they are now back and causing the raods to be overloaded maybe?

I love my one stop light, mile long drive to work.

And yes, way too easy to get a license. I gave them my CA license when I got here 7 years ago, got a CO one with no test. Then got a new license when I turned 21, no test, which is good until 2012. So unless I have a test then, it will have been 15+ years with no test.

Also, who says they have a license? Think about that one...
 

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
Joined
·
58,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scyry said:
It may be that summer is over so people aren't taking vacations anymore. 10% of the work force was on vacation all summer, so they are now back and causing the raods to be overloaded maybe?

I love my one stop light, mile long drive to work.

And yes, way too easy to get a license. I gave them my CA license when I got here 7 years ago, got a CO one with no test. Then got a new license when I turned 21, no test, which is good until 2012. So unless I have a test then, it will have been 15+ years with no test.

Also, who says they have a license? Think about that one...
Same here about the test stuff. Got my license in NM when I was 15 so I took my test then, but moved to CO when I was 20, got my CO license when I was 21 and it doesn't expire until 2015. All I did was surrender my NM license, looked in the little box to make sure I could see the dot, and bam new license.

I'm glad that it is not just me that is noticing all the excess of drivers. For the past week 225 has been at a dead stop when I leave work and I haven't seen that since I have been working here. Damn friggin' living in a busy city and having to drive...
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,432 Posts
Scyry said:
Also, who says they have a license? Think about that one...
Or insurance. Or legal residency.
 

·
Eco Friendly
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
I appreciate the short drive to work now too. We drove north through Denver at 5pm yesterday, woulnd't be interested sitting in traffic every day like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
It seems like this every year in sept. Much of increased bus usage (at least in denver on the routes I've ridden) is college students ... don't know if same holds true for other traffic.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,425 Posts
Doric said:
Or insurance. Or legal residency.
reminds me of "illegal take a day off day" a while back. I hadn't seen traffic that light in the 11 years ive lived here.
 

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
Joined
·
58,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I did an expirament today. Took the freeway (I-225) instead of my normal route and it took me less than 10 minutes to get from Alameda to Tamarac/DTC exit. Then it took me another 10 minutes to get from DTC Blvd & I-225 to DTC Blvd & DTC Pkwy. Grrrr stoplights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
I have one huge pet peeve with people in the springs. They don't quite get the concept of the left hand lane. When the left lane is going slower than the right hand lane it drives me up the wall. Left hand lane is not for going 2mph over the speed limit. The problem is really bad between the springs, and denver. They just don't get it. :soapbox:
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,432 Posts
Conversely, in Denver, if you're not going 15mph over the limit, you need to get the hell out of the way or you'll be run over. :gr_jest:
 

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
Joined
·
58,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doric said:
Conversely, in Denver, if you're not going 15mph over the limit, you need to get the hell out of the way or you'll be run over. :gr_jest:
Only on the freeway though and it does not always apply. My first trip to Denver I was like HOLY SHIT! Everyone was doing like 20-30 over the speed limit on all roads. Now that I live out here, eh, it happens sometimes but for the most part no one can seem to drive fast much less do the speed limit. On Havana for example, in the morning everyone does like 25mph, especially in the left lane, when the speed limit is 45.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Andrea said:
Has anyone noticed in like the past month that traffic has gotten worse? It seems that there are 500,000 more drivers on the road just this month. It is now starting to take me 40 minutes to get to work versus 20 it took me my first month here (at my new job).

WTF is going on yo?

Ummmm....illegal alien INVASION??? Just another reason to stop this crap and send their uneducated asses back home.

Hey Mexico, we're NOT here to fix your problems!!!:madsign3:
 

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
Joined
·
58,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I am not gonna argue the illegal issue. I will off the net.. but online I am going to leave that subject alone.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top