LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the original GTO it came with a Muncie m-20,21, or 22 with a Hurst shifter. Some had a little sticker on the dash saying " This is a genuine Hurst shifter. Shift as hard as you like but don't hurt your arm." Some of the mags have suggested the 04 has a somewhat soft or mushy shifter. Any of you guys with corvette or firebird/camaro M6 experience have thoughts or comments? Can this be upgraded?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'll be going either Kirban or B&M Ripper. I have the Kirban in the Camaro and LOVE it.

Hurst isn't all that great anymore, at least on this transmission anyway. Most of the guys that have Hurst shifters on their T56 F-Bodies replace them with a Pro 5.0, Kirban, or B&M

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Good idea. I'd love the Kirban box with the short throw of the B&M. I like the way mine goes through the gates with smoothness but liked the Brother in-laws shorter throw on the B&M.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Not unless they can correlate a way that the aftermarket shifter caused any fatal internal damage to the transmission itself.

Warranty coverage can be a gray area. It really depends on the dealer itself. Some will void your warranty if you breath on it the wrong way Others like us were much more lenient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts