LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way there, I took the highway route. One thing to mention is that the steering wheel is VERY loose over 120 MPH. Is that supposed to be like that? It's practically shaking. But that's another visit to the dealership. I didn't want to say "So, yeah, on my way here I was going 140 mph and the steering wheel is shaking" lol

But anywho, the drips from the car are from the strut. Service Advisor said it caught on something to change the color, but the strut is the problem and ordered.

As for the rattle/clunk? It's the "check link" WTF is that?!

Hopefully they will be at the dealership in the 2-3 days he promised.

·
Registered
362 Posts
So what you're saying is that you drove 120+mph with a blown front strut? Are you kidding me? Of course the steering wheel might be loose. Holy cow...you got balls man...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have the front tires road force balanced.

If they don't have the machine, have them arrange it through another local dealer. All low profile tires are sensitive to balance and inflation. You did check inflation, didn't you?

Warranty buys til 7200 miles, after that mine charged $12 a wheel. Well worth it.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even get an oil change yet and I have to check inflation, fluids, et al already? It's only at excessive speeds; 100 mph +

·
Registered Gator
506 Posts
IMO , when you enjoy trips into triple digit range (very easy with a Goat) you must check tire pressure once a week...:judge: I have mentioned looseness/tracking concerns to several shops that I was experiencing above a 100 , and they all gave me a strange look and one even said "how do you want us to test that?"

They had a point - So I just made the suspension/alignment issues my first mods and with miles of self-testing - all is well... :)

·
medium rare
348 Posts
I'm sure they were refering to the sway bar end link.

·
medium rare
348 Posts
My strut was leaking and deteriorated the swaybar endlink bushings. While the parts were on order, I had some other endlink bushings laying around the garage that I used as a temp fix for the clunk/popping...and it worked great. My parts came in and the dealer "fixed" the car yesterday. Now it's clunking again, so back to the dealer it went. This is starting to get a little annoying.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My noise is -VERY- annoying. Almost to the point of wanting to go back and demanding a rent-a-car. But my dealership is very nice, and I don't want to **** that up.

I hope they have the stuff by tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
06BLKSAP said:
My noise is -VERY- annoying. Almost to the point of wanting to go back and demanding a rent-a-car. But my dealership is very nice, and I don't want to **** that up.

I hope they have the stuff by tomorrow.
This is nothing to be nice about. A blown strut causes damage to suspension bushes and reduce the control characteristics of the vehicle. That alone is bad enough, but the oil from the strut can contaminate brake pads. Brake pads do not respond well to lubrication.

Your safety and the safety of others on the road way has absolutely nothing to do with nice. If the Service Manger doesn't get it have him call me and I'll will be more than happy to explain it to him. Get a rental or park the car.

:soapbox: Sorry about that, but the service departments that don't provide service get me going.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Struts are on backorder. UGH! Now he says don't drive my car if I don't have to. WTF?! But I have lots of errands and work every day. Errr!

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Talked with them again. I actually talked with the Service Manager, and he assured me that if the car wasn't safe to drive they wouldn't have released it to me.

But he should give me a call by tonight with status. I believe if it's on backorder for a week or more, they would give me a rental - I hope!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Ask him how safe it is to perform a collision avoidance maneuver at high speeds (did this on the freeway last week to avoid a huge chunk of a blown truck tire) with blown struts? Ask him if they've talked to their lawyer/they like the concept of "liability" should you be in an accident in a car with blown struts that they said was "safe" to drive.

This is complete :bs: - you bought the car there, DEMAND a rental until your car is fixed.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
06BLKSAP said:
Struts are on back-order. UGH! Now he says don't drive my car if I don't have to. WTF?! But I have lots of errands and work every day. Errr!
One word -- Rental while your car is made safe again.

The solution that GM has approved for some but not for others is a Pedders direct replacement strut. Have your service manager call one of our three Pedders / Pontiac Dealers. They will explain how to do this under warranty. You car be be back on the road in better than new condition.

Michael White
Dublin Buick Pontiac GMC, San Francisco, CA
4400 John Monego court
Dublin, CA 94568
O (925) 560-4401
[email protected]
http://www.dublingmc.com

Frank J. Beck
Rocksand Racing, LLC
ROSSI CHEVROLET BUICK PONTIAC GMC SUZUKI Inc., Washington, NJ
30 Route 31
Washington, New Jersey 07882
[email protected]
www.rossisuperstore.com
Office: (908) 892-1882
Fax: (908) 689-7871

William Southall or Craig Gentry
Brian Harris Buick GMC Pontiac Mazda
293 Howze Beach Road
Slidell, LA 70461
(800) 773-0831
Web Link to Brian Harris Pontiac
[email protected]

All three know the process and or independent Dealers are equally capable of walking them through. ALL of our Dealer have shipped parts to Pontiac Dealers for strut warranty work however with Franchised New Car Dealers sometimes the only people they listen to are in the same company.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts