LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys know of any true CAI for the 2005+ GTO's? Looking for something where the air filter is locate outside the engine compartment. I know how to piece it together myself, but before I go through the trouble I wanted to see if a kit was available.

·
Gone but not forgotten
3,699 Posts
Midwest Performance is working on one as we speak. Look for the thread in the New Products section.

·
outlawpontiacdragseries.c om
613 Posts
I'm building my home depot CAI this weekend. Just got a puke tank off ebay to move the stock one so I can drill the metal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Todd. Purple, that was the route I was heading or having turbohoses.com make an all silicone one for me. Or, we can buy just the intake tubing from APS's twin turbo GTO set up and make one. I think I'll wait for a kit first. Winter is coming and so will cooler IAT's. I want something done by March.

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
I might piece together the "Lowes" intake myself... I'm worried that even if someone else develops an intake, it will still cost a fortune (for what it does). I just can't justify spending over $100 or so on an intake.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may very well make one, but I'd rather wait and have the pros make and test one. Through testing they may or may not discover subtle nuances that make more power i.e. materials, location, etc. Or there may be no difference at all!

·
wills
236 Posts
What about using the air scoops? I was looking at the K&N CAI and using a compression gasket attached to the hood behind the right side air scoop to pressurize the area where the filter sits. I just don't want to drill a hole which will end up rusting later.

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
wills said:
What about using the air scoops? I was looking at the K&N CAI and using a compression gasket attached to the hood behind the right side air scoop to pressurize the area where the filter sits. I just don't want to drill a hole which will end up rusting later.
not scoops- extractors facing the wrong way- won't work

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
864 Posts
msfyter said:
Modify a hardcore one
Wats wrong with it? how would you modify it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts