LS1GTO.com Forums banner

5941 - 5960 of 6006 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
To what degree, do you all estimate, is the prospect of impeachment being used to prevent the Democratic Party from having to put up a candidate that they have confidence could sway Middle America voters?
Yep. Couple that with the fact that the one candidate that could attract voters in the flyover states is losing ground to Warren and this strategy becomes even more apparent. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that Bloomberg just jumped in either.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,873 Posts
I've honestly still never heard or seen the heinous actions or statements that typically cause people to say that Trump is unfit for office. His policy actions have been nothing less than fantastic for our nation; now, there's always the debate around how much momentum is caused by the preceding administration, but realistically speaking, if Obama can take credit for anything positive or reformative in his first term, then Trump can absolutely take credit for where we are today.

I think that one of the most disgusting things about our current economy is when people WANT to see recession around the corner because goddammit, if it isn't, then Trump gets to pull a Clinton and sit his pasty ass through a FULL economic high from start to finish.

Anyone who dislikes Trump either because their 'tribe' says so or because of the way he conducts himself online - and yeah, it's fortified with Vitamin Douche - is far, far more dangerous to our way of life en masse than an army of Trumps.

I say all of that and you know what? I don't think I would vote for him again, either. I'm most intrigued by Gabbard, honestly.

·
Administrator
18,935 Posts
I think that one of the most disgusting things about our current economy is when people WANT to see recession around the corner because goddammit, if it isn't, then Trump gets to pull a Clinton and sit his pasty ass through a FULL economic high from start to finish.
I "want" to see a recession because there are a bunch of god-damned idiots making decisions within the various markets. Idiots need to be flushed like turds, and that is what a recession provides.

Of course, I have been expecting/predicting/hoping for said recession for over 3-years now. Trumpeedo successfully picked a trade war with China, and I am in the stark minority here who called for that shit 10-years ago. Recession averted.

If the masses declare that trade war with China a "loss" within the near future, dude has the high ground of "Yeah, economic cycle. Just hang on for 6-months, and we'll get 'er cranked up again." But more importantly, if we declare ourselves a "winner" in that trade war, cheerleading will be at an all time high, and even his detractors will have to cede the economic high ground. Ol CheePOTUS will have won the rhetoric of "It's the economy, stupid."

I still can't stand the douche, buuuuuuut he's in my economind usin' my econothinx.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,561 Posts
I think we can all agree that China needs to be slapped around, and that is going to cause us pain in the short term. I support that position.

I don’t support just about everything else he has done, and not because my tribe tells me to. Cutting taxes on the wealthy? Where is the increase in manufacturing that was supposed to accompany that? :crickets:

The man is a buffoon. And dangerously narcissistic. And maybe has a loose grip on reality . All that aside, I remember a lot of accusations that obama was divisive. Some of those same people love Trump. Weird...

·
Administrator
18,935 Posts
FWIIW, I think his "grip on reality" is pretty firm. His version of facts and truths quite often lacks credibility.

"Buffoon"? Dude managed to parlay a lifetime of shitbaggery into a 4 to 8-year run in the Oval Office. I don't think he has managed to do so as an idiot.

"Dangerously narcissistic"? Meh... maybe, but what POTUS hasn't been? I think ol' Dime-bag donny is simply more vocal about it than most.

:dunno:

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,561 Posts
FWIIW, I think his "grip on reality" is pretty firm. His version of facts and truths quite often lacks credibility.

"Buffoon"? Dude managed to parlay a lifetime of shitbaggery into a 4 to 8-year run in the Oval Office. I don't think he has managed to do so as an idiot.

"Dangerously narcissistic"? Meh... maybe, but what POTUS hasn't been? I think ol' Dime-bag donny is simply more vocal about it than most.

:dunno:
If you are correct, why is he so quick to buy into conspiracy theories when he has the best intel in the world at his discretion? Idk. I don’t get it.

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
So, let's expand that picture a bit. What has he done other than continue a trend that was started two administrations before him?

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,128 Posts
Ya know, I can almost understand most of the bitching about Trump. He's an asshole and a giant prick in one, which is a fun combination if that's your persuasion, however the economy is doing incredibly well, and in nearly every industry.

Unemployment is at levels not seen in generations, wages are up, markets are up (save me the screenshot of the occasional dip, please), healthcare cost inflation has slowed, pharma costs are at their slowest growth rate in years, etc.

He's a garbage bag, but an effective one.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,290 Posts
Shallow people just can't see past the douche-baggery.
Look at it this way. You have a dent you need fixed. There are 2 body shops in town. One does unbelievable work, but the guy is "a total dickhead". The other does so-so work but the guy is a "smooth talking super nice guy". Me? I go to the total dickhead because it's the results that matter. #amirite #dickheadshavebillstoo #getoveryourself

Oh, good morning!

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
As long as my 401k is doing okay, who cares that our status in the world has been damaged, that our diplomatic core has been decimated, that our military has been demoralized, that we allow totalitarian regimes around the world to get the better of us again and again, that the environment is being damaged at an ever increasing rate, that our leaders ignore the reality of climate change, that our leaders continue to find ways to sow derisiveness and division. All the money in the world in your 401k won't mean shit when our place in the world falters or when no amount of money will buy a drinkable cup of water or if Putin says you can't have any. The utter short-sightedness and narrow selfish focus of this administration is nothing short of astonishing. But my 401k is doing okay (for now), so I guess I can just ignore all the other elephants in the room.

·
Administrator
18,935 Posts
If you are correct, why is he so quick to buy into conspiracy theories when he has the best intel in the world at his discretion? Idk. I don’t get it.
Look at the DR over the past 10-years, and the Lounge prior to that -- microcosms, each. Conspiracy theories sell. People believe stupid shit, and if you can add a straw-man or semi-rational "what if" to it, then even the eye-rolling peeps start buying in.

It doesn't matter if the whole birther thing was true, false, or half-baked quackery. When he jumped into it feet first, "conservatives" had a champion and a portion of the moderate crowd did a collective "Hmmmm, I wonder if..."; meanwhile the rest of the Country rolled its eyes and/or waited for proof. Thanks to societal ADD, he grabbed the headlines, garnered a base, and moved on to the next tin-hat thing he could find. Hit on enough of them, and you're winning "bigly".

·
2,128 Posts
As long as my 401k is doing okay, who cares that our status in the world has been damaged, that our diplomatic core has been decimated, that our military has been demoralized, that we allow totalitarian regimes around the world to get the better of us again and again, that the environment is being damaged at an ever increasing rate, that our leaders ignore the reality of climate change, that our leaders continue to find ways to sow derisiveness and division. All the money in the world in your 401k won't mean shit when our place in the world falters or when no amount of money will buy a drinkable cup of water or if Putin says you can't have any. The utter short-sightedness and narrow selfish focus of this administration is nothing short of astonishing. But my 401k is doing okay (for now), so I guess I can just ignore all the other elephants in the room.
None of the other elephants affect your or my daily life. Standing in the world? Do you have some data to support that? Do you give a fuck what Finland thinks of our leader? Do you even know who theirs is? Military Demoralized? Got a fact to cite on that? Environment seems to be doing wonderfully. What threat do you have facing your drinking water that is somehow Trumps fault? What part are you doing to combat climate change with that stable of yours?

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
None of the other elephants affect your or my daily life. Standing in the world? Do you have some data to support that? Do you give a fuck what Finland thinks of our leader? Do you even know who theirs is? Military Demoralized? Got a fact to cite on that? Environment seems to be doing wonderfully. What threat do you have facing your drinking water that is somehow Trumps fault? What part are you doing to combat climate change with that stable of yours?
Environment/drinking water: https://www.brookings.edu/interactives/tracking-deregulation-in-the-trump-era/

Environment doing wonderfully? CO2 levels are the highest they've ever been in recorded history (50% higher than pre-industrial revolution), sea levels are rising, weather patterns are increasingly destructive.

Military: have you heard about the clearly guilty of war crimes Navy Seal who was pardoned and then his ultimate boss was fired for doing what was morally and militarily correct? Or the fiasco in Syria? Would you want to work for a boss that makes incredibly arbitrary and self-serving decisions that could affect your very life or the lives of others?

This administration shits on every ally we have and embraces totalitarian regimes which are definitely not working in directions that favor us. Is this not clear? What is the end game here?

As far as my cars, I probably log less than 5000 miles a year across all my vehicles. I ride my bicycle A LOT. How about you?

There is money to be made in the world, lots of it. There is a LOT of opportunity to find ways to make existing industries more energy and environmentally efficient and to create new industries that can help with lessening our dependence on carbon based and polluting energy but we lack the leadership to show the way in that direction. The good news is that there ARE forward thinking people in the world taking us in that direction, it just would help if there were some of those types in government. Point being, why make it WORSE?

·
2,128 Posts
Deregulation is a good thing, to an extent. Do you have any metrics by which deregulation has led to a measured change. And, holy shit, Climate change is Trumps fault now? Guess what, the CO2 levels were at their highest level last year. Guess what again? Levels have set records every year since we started churning CO2 into the atmosphere.

Military seemed pretty enthused when he spent his Thanksgiving in Afghanistan. But I guess that was just a publicity stunt, whereas other POTUS visits were not. If we want to get back to facts, though, military morale has been slipping for more than a decade primarily due to a lack of readiness, by one measure it hit rock bottom in 2015. Trumps been trying to spend his ass off improving readiness, so I guess there's that.

Of course there's money to be made in making things more efficient. When is the last time the government did that? Who is better suited to do that, private industry or government? We've seen the follies in government subsidy of green energy in more than one administration. Federal tax subsidies were in place for a long time before a private company came and made an EV thats worth a damn, and now the other manufacturers are getting their shit together. Innovation is not driven by the government, and neither is the demand for it. As soon as there is an EV pickup truck that can meet 90% of my needs, I'll drop mine and buy one.

The Paris Accord is a joke and serves only as a means to eventually provide a framework to redistribute wealth at a global level. Much is to be said about the US bailing on it, but nothing to be said of no other global powers observing it. Crippling the US economy so that India and China can do whatever the fuck they want is not a solution. The US does not bear sole responsibility for climate change, and even if US emissions went to zero, the impact would be unmeasurable.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,873 Posts
I'll do you one better. He managed to spend decades as a Rich White Guy One Percenter who had solid ties to the entertainment industry, the Democratic Party, and the Poverty Pimps, et al. He employed countless people. He became a household name, whether you were referring to his ability to create wealth seemingly from nothing in terms of meaningful effort, or to his turns in reality TV. You couldn't swing a dead cat around without hitting a pic of Trump with everyone from Don King to Ellen Degeneres to Billary Clinton.

Then he decided his Political Gender Identity was fluid and ran as a Republican. Suddenly, the legend has changed. The entertainment industry has decided he's the root of all evil - because somehow, Trump being a One Percenter is bad whereas their wealth is 'earned' - and suddenly, out of fucking nowhere, he's a bastion of wanton racism. It's farcical.

The simple truth is that if he had NOT taken a shot at Obama after 2008, he could have run as a Democrat in 2016 and he would have probably had a very real chance at it.

Not only does that indicate that he isn't a total idiot (though, I mean, I do wonder if he's on speed 24/7), but it underscores shitbaggery that's going on on the Left and in the media at large because their Great White Vagina managed to lose the White House when the country had decided to hand it to her on a silver platter by way of backroom deals, corruption, and outright duplicity. Clinton was supposed to be American royalty the likes of which no one had seen since Kennedy and the American public opted instead for Trump. TRUMP! Holy shit, how did that happen? How could The People betray the Democratic Party so?! And as a result, the discourse in the media is relentlessly adversarial between the Democratic Party and the general public. It's insulting for those who are paying attention.

5941 - 5960 of 6006 Posts