LS1GTO.com Forums banner

5961 - 5980 of 6006 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,873 Posts
Doric is going all Pepe le Pew on skunkgirl.
She conducts herself well and her stances are stunningly centrist - at least in the things I've heard her say. The fact that she didn't apply her lips to Hilldawg's turdcutter and actively dismantled Kamala Harris makes her a target for the Left - and that makes her a really, really appealing candidate to me.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,561 Posts
Look at the DR over the past 10-years, and the Lounge prior to that -- microcosms, each. Conspiracy theories sell. People believe stupid shit, and if you can add a straw-man or semi-rational "what if" to it, then even the eye-rolling peeps start buying in.

It doesn't matter if the whole birther thing was true, false, or half-baked quackery. When he jumped into it feet first, "conservatives" had a champion and a portion of the moderate crowd did a collective "Hmmmm, I wonder if..."; meanwhile the rest of the Country rolled its eyes and/or waited for proof. Thanks to societal ADD, he grabbed the headlines, garnered a base, and moved on to the next tin-hat thing he could find. Hit on enough of them, and you're winning "bigly".
TBP believing all that shit is one thing. The President believing it is another. At some point you question what reality looks like to that guy. Good grief, does he really believe Ukraine hacked the election instead of Russia? FFS.

·
Administrator
18,935 Posts
TBP believing all that shit is one thing. The President believing it is another. At some point you question what reality looks like to that guy. Good grief, does he really believe Ukraine hacked the election instead of Russia? FFS.
That's kinda my point. I don't know if TrumPOTUS truly believes anything beyond his own scent, BUT he knows what sells, and he knows how to sell it to his base. Follow that up with a fairly unique and effective economic policy, and...

Specific to your hacking point, anything he can do to muddy that water is good for him.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,873 Posts
Yea, the military likes Trump, especially compared to Obama. In fact, the majority of the military support Trump’s intervention in the Gallagher case.
That anyone could like Trump more than Obama in any regard just underscores how out of touch our military industrial complex is.

:whistle:

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,479 Posts
wow and I had a multiquote going.

TO me most of the twatter nonsense is misdirection and put out there for the basis of keeping the media happy. I mean it's keeping them busy arguing over how bad a person he is while his economic policies and some other policies go unnoticed. or lightly talked about.

I don't know I would vote for him, I didn't the first time. But I know there isn't a D I would vote for right now. The one guy makes some decent sense and it's a good thing he's openly gay otherwise there would be a number of cracks about his last name.

I guess I need to look up this gabby person It's just so early to care right now and I sure don't want to hear any of them.

I know uncle crazykoot needs to sit down and shut up, the wanna be indian chick needs to also, and the kamakazi chick is as useless too. And I think the R's are sticking with the turnip which is probably a great move surprised at that though.

so tonnes of meh all around. OH and despte the universal supposed hatred of americans due to our president I had no issues last year in Europe even had a few decent discussions on fuel taxes and the BS eco ecnonomy. Funny what unites us.

·
Administrator
18,935 Posts
Yeah, I didn't vote for him either. BUT, I am down next time. IMO, he's an exact 180 from Obama. Despicable person, horrible people skills, life-story to which I have nothing in common, Buy-a-MILF-wife, etc. ET-fucking-CETERA.

<---TL/DR
It's the economy, st00pud.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,873 Posts
Yep. You know what the cure is for being offended by everything the guy says or tweets?

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,479 Posts
funny. not being on twatter or facecracks doesn't help. It seems people can't help themselves but to bring it up, it's always on the news in some way, and damned if nearly anytime I watch something entertainment types have to bring it up too. (I just about don't bother trying to watch comedians now).

Meanwhile let's shift gears a bit and talk about Elsa's new tribal girlfriend and how Disney smurfed up the biggest comming out instance of the century.

Or how's that GM strike coming?

or you know anything else to discuss.

·
Administrator
18,935 Posts
Yep. You know what the cure is for being offended by everything the guy says or tweets?
Normally, I would agree, but modern "journalism" has reduced itself to "Did you see what __ posted on __?" Lazy ass, money losing, opinion-peddling because facts are dull, freedom of the press, assholes. All of them.

5961 - 5980 of 6006 Posts