LS1GTO.com Forums banner

6881 - 6900 of 6996 Posts

·
Fake bacon lover
10,911 Posts
The arcgis dashboard now shows cases in state counties. FWIW

From a scientific stand point, the spread is pretty fascinating. Are onesy/twosy dots smurfing everywhere.

I also find it very hard to believe that China only had 81K people infected. They stopped counting and just shut in.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,996 Posts
Any truth to the grumblings that Pelosi and Co. have jam-packed a relief package bill with more pork than a hog farm?

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,229 Posts
Any truth to the grumblings that Pelosi and Co. have jam-packed a relief package bill with more pork than a hog farm?
Its absolutely true. I'm sure Mitch has done the same, but not getting as much news. I'm sure there are lots of people lining their pockets out of this while the rest of us hope for a check for a grand.

·
Administrator
20,266 Posts
while the rest of us hope for a check for a grand.
People like us who have decent jobs aren't likely to get anything but a tax bill.

·
GR-RRR!
4,999 Posts
In the end, it looks like the Repubs offered up a bill knowing full well the Dems wouldn't go for some of the provisions in it and the Dems fired back by adding stupid shit that has no right being within a mile of this particular bill. Both sides' "justification" for the pork they've added are total BS. I recall that they all met beforehand to work out a set of mutually acceptable items to be included and while that was a good effort, both sides seem to have again embraced their partisan BS in the end. Most bad press has been aimed at the Dems, but if you really look at it, both sides are failing us pretty strongly.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,996 Posts
IDGAF about the $637 'relief check'. They can keep that - or better yet, give it to someone who needs it. What I want is a return to normalcy as the response in this case is far, far more dangerous than the disease itself.

·
Administrator
19,071 Posts
In the end, it looks like the Repubs offered up a bill knowing full well the Dems wouldn't go for some of the provisions in it and the Dems fired back by adding stupid shit that has no right being within a mile of this particular bill. Both sides' "justification" for the pork they've added are total BS. I recall that they all met beforehand to work out a set of mutually acceptable items to be included and while that was a good effort, both sides seem to have again embraced their partisan BS in the end. Most bad press has been aimed at the Dems, but if you really look at it, both sides are failing us pretty strongly.
Two things jump out to me. One, both sides suhuhuhuhuhuhuck at life. Neither has any interest in mind beyond their own. But two, one side clearly has a stranglehold on the PR machine, yet is receiving the bulk of the criticism in spite of said stranglehold.

Wanna criticize the Pubs? Cool. I. Am. Down.
But... BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, damn-near everyone sees what the Donks did with this thing as borderline treasonous.

·
Administrator
19,071 Posts
IDGAF about the $637 'relief check'. They can keep that - or better yet, give it to someone who needs it. What I want is a return to normalcy as the response in this case is far, far more dangerous than the disease itself.
I can't mash that "Like" button hard enough.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,996 Posts
People like us who have decent jobs aren't likely to get anything but a tax bill.
I'm getting pretty fed up with hearing about how people with higher-than-average income need to be taxed more. I'm writing a check to Uncle Sam this week myself - and for quite a bit more than that 'relief check' is going to be.

My brain just put my Federal tax obligation into hourly wage terms and now I want to storm Washington and shit in someone's open mouth.

·
GR-RRR!
4,999 Posts
IDGAF about the $637 'relief check'. They can keep that - or better yet, give it to someone who needs it. What I want is a return to normalcy as the LACK OF A COHESIVE response in this case is far, far more dangerous than the disease itself.
FTFY

At least that's my view of this. The federal government has botched this at almost every level and every angle, especially the communication and consistent message angle. Some the state and local governments around the country appear to be doing a much better job. But then, their jobs are focused on a much smaller thing than the entire country.

Obviously sick individuals in Nebraska are still having difficulty getting tested. STILL.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,996 Posts
FTFY

At least that's my view of this. The federal government has botched this at almost every level and every angle, especially the communication and consistent message angle. Some the state and local governments around the country appear to be doing a much better job. But then, their jobs are focused on a much smaller thing than the entire country.

Obviously sick individuals in Nebraska are still having difficulty getting tested. STILL.
Is the emphasis on the word 'cohesive' here? Because there's been a metric SHIT-TON of privacy- and rights-shredding response to the panic.

·
HGH Optimist
7,369 Posts
I assume I don't make anywhere near what some of y'all make... and I still don't want that goddamn check.

As I mentioned before, I'll start pouring that money into local restaurants if they stay open.

·
GR-RRR!
4,999 Posts
Is the emphasis on the word 'cohesive' here? Because there's been a metric SHIT-TON of privacy- and rights-shredding response to the panic.
The message from the Administration changes daily or depending on whom you are listening to at any given moment. The Congress says they are in line with the Administration but then fail to deliver anything useful (blame whomever you want) so far. The Congress says they have a plan, we worked together to make a plan we can move on quickly and then end up being the same old partisan dumbshits anyway. All while the problem at the core of it all runs merrily along and the infected count grows and grows.

If we were indeed at actual war we'd have been overrun and conquered by now while everyone is running around trying to manipulate things to their own purposes. Shit's got to end, we have to get a FUNCTIONING federal government who can AT LEAST get something useful done in a crisis. Even if that "something" is just good communication about the realities of our situation.

I will add this too: I am not entirely thrilled to have to rely on the federal government for ANYTHING, but if they are, or should be, good for anything, it is for issues like this that need a firm hand on the controls to manage and mitigate the situation as best as can be expected at a national level. I ain't seen that firm hand yet and we are well into the "oh shit" part of the situation. This make it up as we go along method isn't doing anyone any good and is certainly not helping to address the actual problem.

6881 - 6900 of 6996 Posts