LS1GTO.com Forums banner

6921 - 6940 of 6996 Posts

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,229 Posts
In other jaw dropping news, new Gasllup study finds Trump approval rating the highest it has ever been, at 49%. 45% disapprove. The reason? According to CNN, his handling of Covid crisis. 💣
Give that another week. He was looking like he really had his shit together for a little while (basically until yesterday's Easter miracle).

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
Steel I'm within you up questioning the actual end game of buying back stock.

Say company X uses surplus cash to buy up it's stock, which usually also temporarily raises the price of that stock too. what happens to that stock, the company holds it,or they setup a fund that is the holder? I'm not really sure in once version I see where they buy up the stock and the total number of shares then drops by _ amount. In either case though the end benefit is that the board of directors, and/or the people that control the highest % seem to end up with more of the controling shares so that later as more shares are sold they can retain that % control longer

I mean the end result is using the companies free cash not to pay out dividends but to instead regain % to double down on selling more later while keeping control. Preventing a takeover.

Regardless one thing I'm tired of seeing is reports from "analysts" that say so and so should buy up __ while it's low. Yep main airline conglomerate is at a low point, golly really. 9/11 contributed to the selling combining of the airlines we have now. I wasn't much of a fan then - less so of a fan now.

Replace airline with nearly any other traded business and I'll still be concerned.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
oh and Hey as long as it's "good debt"

Yeah I'd rather see the stoppage on loans. It would help everyone else and the banks if they would all talk to each other and you got the fed to agree I think they wouldn't even notice a difference. Basic idea everyone's loan takes a 2 month stoppage, and your contract date end moved by 2 months. no payments, no late fees, no other shit, just no payment for this month and next month (or whatever at this point). maybe lower CC interest to a max of 10% for the next year too or something. I don't know.

4 groups I don't want to see bailed out.

1) cruise ship companies. Sorry the princess of the 7 seas is registered where, oh right Nicaragua. K uhm ask them for some help. But but out offices are in coral gables FL. Yeah they were.
2) Boeing. Smurf a duck sideways and eat the remains shut that crap down. OH this is what's causing you grief airlines stopping flights. NO you were in a hole you made yourselves and this is a straw. Sorry go away. I was glad to see Haley step away from the board of directors at first I thought OK she might get there and help fix them, and it's bad enough she want's out. Speaks volumes to me and I only trust her about as far as I can throw her.
3) airlines with foreign partial ownership or partial ownership tied to Boeing. It's a short list but they can all DIAEF.
4) Any "tech" company.

OK scratch that it's probably a much larger list the more I type.

You want to bail out the parent company of I don't know olive garden I'm partially OK with that. businesses with less than 1000 employees, I can partially see that. Pro Sports Clubs, hells no. Colleges - nada.

·
Fake bacon lover
10,911 Posts
Give that another week. He was looking like he really had his shit together for a little while (basically until yesterday's Easter miracle).
I think Trump can only 'hold it together' for somewhat short periods. By that, I mean his public appearances and his rhetoric. He was sounding pretty good.. Then... y'a know he talks to Hannity or someone and decides to go off the rails.

·
Administrator
19,071 Posts
FWIIW, I was fine with his Easter comment because the one I saw/read included a hopeful or wishful tone. It wasn't really an edict... and then all of the sudden, later that night, it was. 😖

And, because I comlimented the fucker last week, he double-tarded-down yesterday with the "fake news" bullshit again. MOTHERFUCKER, SHUT THE HELL UP AND LEAD!

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,413 Posts
FWIIW, I was fine with his Easter comment because the one I saw/read included a hopeful or wishful tone. It wasn't really an edict... and then all of the sudden, later that night, it was. 😖

And, because I comlimented the fucker last week, he double-tarded-down yesterday with the "fake news" bullshit again. MOTHERFUCKER, SHUT THE HELL UP AND LEAD!
Lol, dude, stop watching.

·
GR-RRR!
4,999 Posts
I got a "give us money for the campaign" letter from Melania yesterday. I haven't been registered as a republican since the end of the first George Bush's term.....

I used to work in the industry that makes mailing lists. Getting up to date and accurate data is always a challenge, but good lord it has been a few DECADES since I would have been on that mailing list. Or maybe they just (stupidly) mailed that to just about everyone. Not a very good use of their campaign funds....

And no glossy photo of the First Lady showing it all was included, so no funds from me. No beefsteak if no cheesecake kemosabe.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,996 Posts
I got a "give us money for the campaign" letter from Melania yesterday. I haven't been registered as a republican since the end of the first George Bush's term.....

I used to work in the industry that makes mailing lists. Getting up to date and accurate data is always a challenge, but good lord it has been a few DECADES since I would have been on that mailing list. Or maybe they just (stupidly) mailed that to just about everyone. Not a very good use of their campaign funds....

And no glossy photo of the First Lady showing it all was included, so no funds from me.
Funny you should mention this. Every election cycle, I get a massive influx of browser-based ads, mail, email, and text spam from Democratic Party candidates. Likely, I suspect, in direct reaction to my personal profile being perpendicular to the Left's party line.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,366 Posts
In the shocking news of the day, the DoD has decided to withhold data on how many US troops are infected.

·
Fake bacon lover
10,911 Posts
In the shocking news of the day, the DoD has decided to withhold data on how many US troops are infected.
Interesting. Their reason I guess is to not 'give away' any weakness in our readiness? To either foe's or (more likely) the American public.

FYI, its been a nice Sunday day here and the local AFB has been conducting training flights all day (as usual).

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,996 Posts
Search for socks and we’re inundated by Fruit of the Loom.
Agreed - but I'll have to store that one away for when we start talking about incompetence on one side of the aisle or the other.

Hanlon would like to show you his Razor.

6921 - 6940 of 6996 Posts