LS1GTO.com Forums banner

6941 - 6960 of 7485 Posts

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,675 Posts
How did 1000 dollars per American turn into 2 trillion dollars? 335 million or such right. x 1000 - 335 ok call it 340 billion. Right, I mean I put in it excel, and MathCAD.

I must be missing something. Even that new math shit, which is a button on excel 365. comes up the same. it's uncanny.

·
GR-RRR!
5,328 Posts
Well, it changed to $1200 each plus $500 per kid. However, only for those making $75k or less single or $150k or less married. But then they added $500 billion for corporations, a bunch more for small businesses and a bunch more for hospitals/health care and a few other bits of semi-related pork.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,675 Posts
OH and the census pisses me off a touch too. OK so 1 question on who's home, ask me 3 times if "other people" dwell in the house, then ask me if everyone is hispanic, then ask me everyone's race and origin. Other than me, is ____ my opposite sex wife/life partner, same sex wife/life partner,some other choices, biological son or daughter, adopted son/daughter, some other choices.

Then ask - hispanic?, then Race and origin. NO N/A on the form this year. hmmm.

Oh and come back one more time to ask if there are any others in the dwelling that I don't know about or something stupid. I didn't commit it to memory I was more angered that anything.

shouldn't even be a form anyway. did you turn in your tax sheet, yes. thank you american.

Origin - DA SMURF CARES. OH I put American it wasn't even part of the example there. I should have put german, Welsh, my ****/her lowjoe, mycock/her lowjoe. see if they would take that.

Are you and your household AMERICAN CITIZENS - gee how bout we start with that one.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,675 Posts
Well, it changed to $1200 each plus $500 per kid. However, only for those making $75k or less single or $150k or less married. But then they added $500 billion for corporations, a bunch more for small businesses and a bunch more for hospitals/health care and a few other bits of semi-related pork.

did I read something about a tappering if you're over those limits. so at the 150 household line, you'd get ____ but at 160K you'd get _-5% or something variance. up to 200K. I don't know doubt anyone does. I find it funny is all.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,271 Posts
did I read something about a tappering if you're over those limits. so at the 150 household line, you'd get ____ but at 160K you'd get _-5% or something variance. up to 200K. I don't know doubt anyone does. I find it funny is all.
Yep, tapers from $75-99K, make $99,000.01, and they decided that Coronavirus could not possibly affect you.

The checks are fuckin stupid (mostly because I can't have one), but going to be sending a lot of money to a lot of people still working just fine. The $600/week(!!!) boost to unemployment should be more than sufficient. Checks are for votes.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,675 Posts
Census is constitutionally mandated and predates taxation. ? Took all of three minutes to complete.
Doesn't make the current one right. wonder what that first census asked, back it what 1798?

Yep, tapers from $75-99K, make $99,000.01, and they decided that Coronavirus could not possibly affect you.

The checks are fuckin stupid (mostly because I can't have one), but going to be sending a lot of money to a lot of people still working just fine. The $600/week(!!!) boost to unemployment should be more than sufficient. Checks are for votes.
among other things. My wife said last night you know if I hadn't married you I would be getting 2200 dollars from the government and a tax refund. to whit I point out she would only get 1200 because she wouldn't have had those 2 kids.

It's OK we're headed for a recession is what they were sputtering on the TV this morning. yeah recession. How long before someone dusts off the depression term?

·
Administrator
18,775 Posts
Refund checks prove that we are beyond over-taxed. Of course we all KNOW that we're over-taxed, but this bullshit is ALMOST as fucktarded as "ZOMG OBAMMER GONNA BUNKRUPT US!!!!"

·
Administrator
18,775 Posts
Doesn't make the current one right. wonder what that first census asked, back it what 1798?

among other things. My wife said last night you know if I hadn't married you I would be getting 2200 dollars from the government and a tax refund. to whit I point out she would only get 1200 because she wouldn't have had those 2 kids.

It's OK we're headed for a recession is what they were sputtering on the TV this morning. yeah recession. How long before someone dusts off the depression term?
I've already seen various "This ain't gonna be a depression" quotes, but to your point, the fear-mongers will roll that shit out Monday morning.

ZOMG IF DI R TEH RESESSHUNS, HOW LONG TILL IT R TEH DEPRESHUNZ???!?!?!??

The media needs to go have an orgy of retard, and leave the rest of us alone. YOU FUCKERS AREN'T INFORMING ANYONE ABOUT ANYTHING ANYMORE. Just STFU and die off.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,038 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fppc7v
Shocking how transparent what just happened is, but no one seems to care. Everyone who DID receive CoronaBucks will have to claim the money as income next year.

I swung for the gutter with some limit orders this morning and all but one has already been filled. I guess that's good or something...?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Origin - DA SMURF CARES. OH I put American it wasn't even part of the example there. I should have put german, Welsh, my ****/her lowjoe, mycock/her lowjoe. see if they would take that.
I'll be doing that, just because. Love the part about asking if there's anyone else living there that you don't know about.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,675 Posts
Wait naw man gubamint ain't gonna tax a check, they sent out with tax money.

My dad's been complaining that on SS he isn't getting anything from the government. so I pointed out, you know just like people on welfare you already get a government check. I mean you sort of paid into it supposedly but you're already on unified basic income. I think I've been written out of the will.

·
GR-RRR!
5,328 Posts
Everyone who DID receive CoronaBucks will have to claim the money as income next year.
That is just retarded.

The checks are fuckin stupid, but going to be sending a lot of money to a lot of people still working just fine. The $600/week(!!!) boost to unemployment should be more than sufficient. Checks are for votes.
Right on on all points.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,038 Posts
I've no intention of completing the bullshit Census. The threat being that someone has to come to my house to get the responses.

OK - then I guess that's what you're going to have to do.

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
I swung for the gutter with some limit orders this morning and all but one has already been filled. I guess that's good or something...?
What kind of trading are you doing? What are your goals and strategies to acheive said goals? I have been studying finance in my own time off and on for a while trying to learn. Mostly I was getting into long-term dividend stocks from quality companies (with a goal of $X amount of dollars per year income), but now with the crash learning about the Autism/Retardation that is options.

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
I've no intention of completing the bullshit Census. The threat being that someone has to come to my house to get the responses.

OK - then I guess that's what you're going to have to do.
I hate the census too, but I support the Constitution when I like it (Bill of Rights) and even I don't like it (Census)
When the Census asked my race I said other: AMERICAN

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,468 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fppc7v
Shocking how transparent what just happened is, but no one seems to care. Everyone who DID receive CoronaBucks will have to claim the money as income next year.

What is 'Governments - Other'?
And I just read that the checks are not taxable income.
The bill can be read HERE.

6941 - 6960 of 7485 Posts