LS1GTO.com Forums banner

6961 - 6980 of 7454 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,299 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,143 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder how all the senior deaths will affect the social security system.
I guess the Boomer Doomer could help in that regard.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,762 Posts
So 30 more days of social distancing... meh. I live away from civilization anyway. I’ve been off the property twice since last Monday. Social distancing = normal life for me.

·
GR-RRR!
5,299 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder how all the senior deaths will affect the social security system.
Drop in the bucket. A few thousand among tens of millions.

·
HGH Optimist
7,637 Posts

·
Administrator
18,769 Posts

This still just blows my mind...
My daughter is PISSED at me because of this shit. So far, her senior year of high school has included being cut from the soccer team (new coach went with freshmen and sophomores instead), prom has been postponed indefinitely, commencement is the same, and no senior shens... and then I went and cancelled our spring break trip to Lake Cumberland. She saw the beach pic this weekend, and I could tell she was trying to figure out where/how to hide my body.

·
GR-RRR!
5,299 Posts
My daughter is PISSED at me because of this shit. So far, her senior year of high school has included being cut from the soccer team (new coach went with freshmen and sophomores instead), prom has been postponed indefinitely, commencement is the same, and no senior shens... and then I went and cancelled our spring break trip to Lake Cumberland. She saw the beach pic this weekend, and I could tell she was trying to figure out where/how to hide my body.
Yeah, so you invented the coronavirus and set it loose on the world. Bad dad.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,143 Posts
Getting a bit of an early start on being replaced by younger women, eh?

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,675 Posts
shit in 10 years I might be wishing for the covid 21 to come along and prevent spring break travels. Just sayin.

anyway uhm so. Work from home is just so weird.

·
HGH Optimist
7,637 Posts
My wife and I work in the same building. She'd get bored with work and try and bug me all day.

It is fuggin' 10x worse now that we're at home.

·
GR-RRR!
5,299 Posts
My wife and I work in the same building. She'd get bored with work and try and bug me all day.

It is fuggin' 10x worse now that we're at home.
I think there will be lot more claims of justifiable homicide before this thing is all over.

·
HGH Optimist
7,637 Posts
I think I lost a few FB friends... lol

Got unpleasant messages from a couple friends because I shared a post from one of my neighbors. Trying to figure out how to get a basketball court shut down, because kids are still meeting up there, every day.

Apparently, I'm supposed to have compassion for them, because I don't know what's going on at home with them.

Here's the thing, asshole. I do have compassion. And you're right... I DON'T know what's going on at home. But what WE ALL know that is going on... a damn good reason they shouldn't be meeting up at that basketball court. People are still meeting up in churches! I have compassion because... hey, that is what they look to, and some will continue to practice it. But again... there is a damn good reason why they shouldn't be meeting up.

·
Administrator
20,301 Posts
I think I lost a few FB friends... lol

Got unpleasant messages from a couple friends because I shared a post from one of my neighbors. Trying to figure out how to get a basketball court shut down, because kids are still meeting up there, every day.

Apparently, I'm supposed to have compassion for them, because I don't know what's going on at home with them.

Here's the thing, asshole. I do have compassion. And you're right... I DON'T know what's going on at home. But what WE ALL know that is going on... a damn good reason they shouldn't be meeting up at that basketball court. People are still meeting up in churches! I have compassion because... hey, that is what they look to, and some will continue to practice it. But again... there is a damn good reason why they shouldn't be meeting up.
Some people are miserable staying locked up in their house all day and get butthurt when others aren't afraid and are out getting some fresh air and exercise. I saw a guy the other day stop his truck twice in the middle of the road to yell at families going for walks - which is allowed here if you keep your distance from people. Mind your own fucking business ffs.

This country is full of a bunch of unemployed recess ladies who are mad because school is closed and they can't yell at kids for having too much fun on the play ground so they take it out on anyone they can. Living in fear of what might happen is no way to live. Sure - take reasonable precautions and stay home most of the time if you can, but forcing people to stay at home no matter what? Not letting kids out to get some fresh air and exercise? Because someone might get sick? Not a world I want to live in...or a world that will last very long. Might as well just lock people up and not let them drive cars considering how many people die a year from that.

Also, its very disturbing to see people get off on reporting their neighbors like they are trying to flex for the Gestapo or something. Let the pussification of our nation continue I guess.

Yeah - thats just like my opinion, man.

:eek:

6961 - 6980 of 7454 Posts