LS1GTO.com Forums banner

7361 - 7380 of 7491 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,066 Posts
In all honesty, if I get even a whiff of grief about my renewal this year, I'll buy a quarter acre of land in Elbert county and register everything I own there.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,774 Posts
I'm about 100 miles from Manhattan. Damned flatlanders are everywhere up in here!

·
Fake bacon lover
11,154 Posts
Y'all just stay the hell outta Texas please!

*not that DFW/Houston/San Antonio, and good golly the mess that is Austin(ATX) isn't crowed AF already...

I'm in a medium/smallish city - 100K, 2 hrs way from DFW area. Sure we don't have a lot of the things the big city has, but I have been very happy at times lately that I'm in a smallish metro area. Case in point, our county has had 82 Covid-19 cases, 2 deaths, and only 19 marked as active at home (none in the hospital). However, my property taxes are teh sux.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,066 Posts
But IIRC, Texas doesn't have sales tax, right? Or state income tax. One of those.

·
Porch Dick
20,263 Posts

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,283 Posts
I've got my eyes set on a tax-free state (likely FL), however I'm a bit concerned by the purpling up of these states with northerners moving down. Wonder how long until the NY/NJ influx into Florida starts trying to make that state look like this one.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,066 Posts
As a CO resident, trust me - as soon as that 'purpling' happens, the state goes blue in a hurry. I've lived here the better part of 33 years and in every other regard than politics, there is no other state I'd want to live in.

The political status of CO has me thinking it'll be time for me to move on soon enough that I've already started spending an inordinate amount of time in Zillow's app.

·
Porch Dick
20,263 Posts
I've got my eyes set on a tax-free state (likely FL), however I'm a bit concerned by the purpling up of these states with northerners moving down. Wonder how long until the NY/NJ influx into Florida starts trying to make that state look like this one.
We'll be there before long.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,430 Posts
Starts?

·
HGH Optimist
7,657 Posts

·
Administrator
18,792 Posts
Bitches, please. The only difference between Texas and the rest of not-California-or-NY is that we all acknowledge the obvious. Your nanny-state overlords are no different than ours; yours just wear hats and belt-buckles.

·
Fake bacon lover
11,154 Posts
Bitches, please. The only difference between Texas and the rest of not-California-or-NY is that we all acknowledge the obvious. Your nanny-state overlords are no different than ours; yours just wear hats and belt-buckles.
That and we (for the most part) don't have shitty winters.
Fuck winter snow bullshit till April or whatever

OK, its hot. We like hot. Makes us drink beer in inter tubes while floating rivers. Shovel snow vs drink beer in a tube. I know my choice! :)

NO CARPETBAGGERS!!!

*we're gonna build that wall, its just going to be on the Red River.

·
Administrator
20,314 Posts
My new job I took a few months ago has me relocating to Florida but I accepted the offer right before Covid shut everything down. Working remotely now for the foreseeable future.

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
395 Posts
That and we (for the most part) don't have shitty winters.
Fuck winter snow bullshit till April or whatever

OK, its hot. We like hot. Makes us drink beer in inter tubes while floating rivers. Shovel snow vs drink beer in a tube. I know my choice! :)

NO CARPETBAGGERS!!!

*we're gonna build that wall, its just going to be on the Red River.
Tuck fexas!!!

The wife and I rode to Kerrville last summer or the summer before, damn memory. Anyway, we were meeting another couple to ride around hill country for a few days. Pretty sure we almost burst into flames a few times since we were a little late into the season to be riding in that part of the country. Thank goodness the hotel we stayed at had a kick ass pool, spent almost an entire day poolside instead of riding. Only time we have been hotter was riding to Carlsbad NM. That sucked royally until we got North into higher elevations. Northern NM is on our shortlist of areas to retire to.

7361 - 7380 of 7491 Posts