LS1GTO.com Forums banner

7381 - 7400 of 7491 Posts

·
HGH Optimist
7,654 Posts
Your nanny-state overlords are no different than ours; yours just wear hats and belt-buckles.
I just like the saying. Unfortunately, your statement is true. :cry:

Austin was already blue for quite some time. Houston went blue a few elections ago.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
As a CO resident, trust me - as soon as that 'purpling' happens, the state goes blue in a hurry. I've lived here the better part of 33 years and in every other regard than politics, there is no other state I'd want to live in.

The political status of CO has me thinking it'll be time for me to move on soon enough that I've already started spending an inordinate amount of time in Zillow's app.
As a former CO resident, I’m pretty happy in Kansas. I’ll be even more happy after I graduate and make my way to UT or ID.

·
Suffering Fools
15,271 Posts
I just like the saying. Unfortunately, your statement is true. :cry:

Austin was already blue for quite some time. Houston went blue a few elections ago.
Houston the city was already blue. It's Harris County that turned dumb last election.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,066 Posts
OMGOMGOMG THAT'S A RIGHT-OF-CENTER NEWS SOURCE AND SO THAT'S TOTALLY BUNK AND YOU'RE A TRUMP SUPPORTER HOW DARE YOU

·
Fake bacon lover
11,154 Posts
Tuck fexas!!!
LOL, spoken like a true Okie ;)

*I've never hidden the fact that I actually like Oklahoma City - as far as being a Metro area to live in.
OK state tax kinda sucks, but its fairly low and probably equalizes with Tx property tax (which varies across the state).

Only issue is... well its still Oklahoma. So there's that.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
OMGOMGOMG THAT'S A RIGHT-OF-CENTER NEWS SOURCE AND SO THAT'S TOTALLY BUNK AND YOU'RE A TRUMP SUPPORTER HOW DARE YOU

Literally Hitler

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
395 Posts
LOL, spoken like a true Okie ;)

*I've never hidden the fact that I actually like Oklahoma City - as far as being a Metro area to live in.
OK state tax kinda sucks, but its fairly low and probably equalizes with Tx property tax (which varies across the state).

Only issue is... well its still Oklahoma. So there's that.
That would be me, a true Okie!!!

In full disclosure I like a lot of Texas. Hell, I've lived all over that state as a kid. Iowa Park, Farwell, Cuero and finally Canyon. Was happy to return home though.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,774 Posts
So we are going to take this guys argument at face value or are we going to notice that he fails to mention Italy’s experience, where the hospitals were overrun, where drs had to make life or death calls about who could access treatments? I’m surprised. This didn’t pass the smell test.

·
Administrator
18,792 Posts
So we are going to take this guys argument at face value or are we going to notice that he fails to mention Italy’s experience, where the hospitals were overrun, where drs had to make life or death calls about who could access treatments? I’m surprised. This didn’t pass the smell test.
Actually, THIS is the problem with both sides... hell, ALL SIDES. One side's version is taken as the unadulterated truth while the other's is derided as complete bullshit.
VGT's opinion is that response has been awful, and we're all damned lucky to have not been wiped-the-fuck-out by now (paraphrasing). Meanwhile, my opinion is "Smurf off, pussies; it's a shitty cold."
Both can be true, or maybe both VGT and I have hidden agendas.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,774 Posts
I’m sitting in an office with a guy who had the disease. It ain’t no cold. It ain’t the flu. But he didn’t die. Of course, he’s 49. I’m 56, obese and have high blood pressure. My outcome might be different. So... ???

·
GR-RRR!
5,383 Posts
I get frustrated that both sides treat this situation so very politically instead of a broad "affects everybody" public health issue that needs unbiased attention of us all and cooperation by us all. The waters are so smurfing muddied at this point that I don't think anyone has a really good handle on what the situation really is or isn't or what we should appropriately be doing about it. It also disappoints me that given what tangible data we DO seem to have that so many either discount it entirely or consider the risks to the public as a whole a whole lot less important than their desire to go have a beer with 100 other drunken sweaty goombas. So many don't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves and never consider that they too ARE part of the greater public. Honestly, in a better world if a lockdown were to be a prudent action the government wouldn't have to dictate it, it would be taken as a voluntary action by the vast, vast majority of folks for the greater good of us all and we'd have leaders from all sides cooperating in a single, clear and distinct message to that end. Okay, pie-in-the-sky dream over.

As it stands, if everyone were to take even reasonable, common sense precautions we probably wouldn't need or think we need more drastic measures to be imposed by governments. I see a serious lack of any kind of meaningful leadership on either side of the fence, just more partisan bitching that really doesn't help any of us in any measurable way.

If and when a vaccine is discovered, I bet there will be a good 20-30% of the populace who won't take it, mostly for political reasons and nothing more which just baffles the living shit out of me.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,066 Posts
Actually, THIS is the problem with both sides... hell, ALL SIDES. One side's version is taken as the unadulterated truth while the other's is derided as complete bullshit.
VGT's opinion is that response has been awful, and we're all damned lucky to have not been wiped-the-fuck-out by now (paraphrasing). Meanwhile, my opinion is "Smurf off, pussies; it's a shitty cold."
Both can be true, or maybe both VGT and I have hidden agendas.
The jury is out for me regarding the disease itself. It hasn't touched my MonkeySphere in any way yet so it falls somewhere on the spectrum between Completely Fictitious and Praise LAWD Jesus I Didn't Get it.

I am a Risk guy, though, and the response made by governments in the name of the disease require that it be as close as matters to being as easy to catch as WTFever is the easiest Pokemon to catch (MagiKarp, maybe?) and instantly cause you to bleed from your ass and shit from your eyes as you die a terrible death. This, by almost all accounts, is not actually the case.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,066 Posts
If and when a vaccine is discovered, I bet there will be a good 20-30% of the populace who won't take it, mostly for political reasons and nothing more which just baffles the living shit out of me.
I can only answer for myself here, but I'll draw a comparison: I am immunized - including all of the usual pokes you get once a decade or so - but I don't get flu shots. You know why? Because I don't have to. I am a grown-ass man capable of making my own choices.

It doesn't mean I don't care about others; I act reasonably and responsibly when I do catch a cold. That is enough.

FWIW, I have also never had the flu.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Italy seems to be the outlier compared to the rest of the world. They have the second oldest population, and In their culture, the young intermingle much more frequently with the older population than in other countries.

·
GR-RRR!
5,383 Posts
FWIW, I have also never had the flu.
You are one luckly SOB in my book. I've had the flu that was no biggie, but once I had the flu and I honestly was scared for my life at one point. A fever of 104, tunnel vision and a loss of strength and balance so bad I couldn't even walk. I had to crawl to the bathroom. I was half a sec from going to the emergency room when the wife had an idea to throw me in a cool bath to see if that would break my fever, it worked. Uncomfortable as hell, but absolutely worth it. I didn't feel myself fully for a couple more weeks after that. I'm generally a pretty healthy person and shake things off pretty easily, but that one kicked my ass. I now get a flu shot every year.

I think CV-19 is much easier to transmit than even the flu. I'm glad to hear you are responsible when you do get sick, I wish more people were, it would make things like the flu (and CV-19) a whole lot less problematic. Hell, even a cold can kill a person if they are already pretty frail and/or have underlying conditions of the right sort such as a weakened immune system.

·
GR-RRR!
5,383 Posts
Italy seems to be the outlier compared to the rest of the world. They have the second oldest population, and In their culture, the young intermingle much more frequently with the older population than in other countries.

Probably why the Native American populations are getting their asses handed to them by it too.

·
Fake bacon lover
11,154 Posts
That would be me, a true Okie!!!

In full disclosure I like a lot of Texas. Hell, I've lived all over that state as a kid. Iowa Park, Farwell, Cuero and finally Canyon. Was happy to return home though.
Iowa Park?? Shit! I live in Wichita Falls.
Grew out outside of Lake Arrowhead and went to School School K-12 in Henrietta (Tx).

Lots of my wife's family is from Iowa Park.

·
HGH Optimist
7,654 Posts
7381 - 7400 of 7491 Posts