LS1GTO.com Forums banner

7621 - 7640 of 7721 Posts

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
Nothing is as bad as the entire state of Virginia. I’ve lived in five states and driven across the country several times and Virginia still takes the cake for being speed nazis.
If you go that route, make sure yours is stealth. VA has radar detector detectors.
Yep. Those assholes solved every other societal ill, so they moved on to revenue collections.

·
Omertà
5,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Speaking of virtue signaling, Amazon just dropped a bunch of coin on the naming rights to an old sports arena that will house Seattle’s new NHL expansion team. Amazon’s calling it “Climate Pledge Arena.”

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,738 Posts
well amazon did smurf up their juneteeth celebration with fried chicken and etc. Didn't even have the smarts to use popeyes or bojanges.

Or so I was told.

·
Omertà
5,296 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts
well amazon did smurf up their juneteeth celebration with fried chicken and etc. Didn't even have the smarts to use popeyes or bojanges.

Or so I was told.
They used a local black owned small business owner to cater the meal. If that makes it any better.....

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
578 Posts
At my work, a majority of the employees are black. When we have a holiday celebration or summer cookout, we put together a small committee and they always choose fried chicken, mac-n-cheese, collard greens, and sometimes ham and/or turkey. We'll have other food too, usually a great meat-fest, but that's what they want. I guess it's like comfort food or something you're familiar with. A few guys that used to work here were from the Caribbean and brought in jerk chicken and curried goat.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,738 Posts
I like fired chicken. Hell done right I like collard greens. I do hate watermelon though. anyway I find it odd how that gets to be so racial for some. wonder if that's more a nothern thing or not.

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts
As much, I think it is just some folks looking for something to be offended/pissed off about.

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
I have no idea what is/is not "offensive" anymore. I like Shepherd's Pie, corned beef and cabbage, cabbage rolls, bbq, greens, fried bird... hell, just like people, I like every-damned-thing. Except lima beans; fuck those little bastards.

7621 - 7640 of 7721 Posts