LS1GTO.com Forums banner

7641 - 7660 of 7717 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
It's a sign of the times that I feel compelled to distance myself from this.

...Because I am white.

·
Hermes Trismegistus
16,509 Posts
The shark in the aquarium right now is Covid 19. Looking at a logarithmic graph for total confirmed worldwide infections, it's fairly easy to see that if nothing changes, the total within 3 months will be at around 100 million. At that scale, today will seem like the good ole days. That would be a vast nightmare for all aspects - economy, health and conflict. Without a vaccine, thing could get very ugly very fast.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
574 Posts
Green (bean) lives matter. That includes lima beans too, but I can't stand them, or brussel sprouts, or asparagus.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,816 Posts
Interesting weekend. "White Power!" tweet overshadowed by outright treason. Fun times...

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
This? Republican senators refuse to back Trump’s 'treason' claim against Obama

So... This pretty well sums up my thoughts on the matter:

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who is leading an investigation into the Obama administration’s activities during the presidential transition process in late 2016 and early 2017, similarly declined to endorse Trump’s “treason” charge.

“The president speaks for himself,” Johnson said. “I’m looking at the corruption with the transition process, which I think is evidently true. And we just need to figure out all that did happen so that the American people understand it, so hopefully it’ll never happen again. I’m not going to respond to what the president said.”
Do I believe that Obama targeted Trump during the campaign process? Yes. Do I believe there is validity to the allegations that the Obama administration wiretapped the Trump campaign? Yeah, probably. Do I think it's treason? Not likely.

Also exceedingly unlikely is anyone actually taking up that charge and following through on it - but more than that, it doesn't matter. This is the same as the Birther BS that the Cheeto himself can't let go of. Say the allegations are true, and can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? SO EFFING WHAT? WHAT NOW? The time to have acted is long since gone.

·
Administrator
18,844 Posts

I mean credibility of the source(s), buuuut... when Congressional 'Pubs appear to be on board the WTF-train, that seems to support the allegation.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,816 Posts
Trump wasn't briefed - I'll accept that at face value. I mean, I don't believe it but thats beside the point.

The point is Putin apparently authorized bounties on American troops in Afghanistan, and paid a few of them. All Trump wants to do is claim he didn't know about it. He STILL hasn't denounced it. Even a token "If this is true..."

I'll say it again. This guy is only interested in his own skin.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
I don't want to lean into this too hard as I know what it will lead to, but despite what our media wants you to believe, an allegation is not synonymous with the truth. All parties involved deny the validity of this allegation - at least, that's what the linked article states. Even the aforementioned Republicans who are not denying the story are not confirming it, either. It seems to me that taking the time to evaluate the matter before making declarations and/or assertions is not just warranted, but admirable.

I, too, would like to see the White House issue a statement along the lines of, "if this is true..." - but it needs to have teeth, IMO. Not like Obama's 'thin red line' speeches.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,816 Posts
I don't want to lean into this too hard as I know what it will lead to, but despite what our media wants you to believe, an allegation is not synonymous with the truth.
LOL

"Do I believe that Obama targeted Trump during the campaign process? Yes. Do I believe there is validity to the allegations that the Obama administration wiretapped the Trump campaign? Yeah, probably. "

All parties involved deny the validity of this allegation - at least, that's what the linked article states. Even the aforementioned Republicans who are not denying the story are not confirming it, either. It seems to me that taking the time to evaluate the matter before making declarations and/or assertions is not just warranted, but admirable.

I, too, would like to see the White House issue a statement along the lines of, "if this is true..." - but it needs to have teeth, IMO. Not like Obama's 'thin red line' speeches.
So far it looks like maybe Trump wasn't briefed. Pelosi says she wasn't briefed either, and she should have been if Trump was. Maybe this is a nothingburger. :dunno:

·
Administrator
18,844 Posts
I don't want to lean into this too hard as I know what it will lead to, but despite what our media wants you to believe, an allegation is not synonymous with the truth. All parties involved deny the validity of this allegation - at least, that's what the linked article states. Even the aforementioned Republicans who are not denying the story are not confirming it, either. It seems to me that taking the time to evaluate the matter before making declarations and/or assertions is not just warranted, but admirable.

Fair enough. My only caveat is that this one smells different -- not in a "ZOMG HE R TEH SATANZ" sort of way, but more of a "That's just Putin being Putin" sort of way. To knowingly turn a blind eye is, well, unacceptable -- waaaaaaaaaaay more unacceptable than the "Lead from behind" and "Thin red line" stuff, IMO.

7641 - 7660 of 7717 Posts