LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed a trunion kit?
I'm wary of some noises in my engine. No metal in the oil but I just have that need to know everything is right.
Going to replace rocker arm bearings with these bushings and pull the heads and see if a lifter has spun or turned.

I picked up the CHE kit because I wanted the oiling grooves. From a machinists point of view they seem to be quality parts.

Documentation states they are rated for up to .650 lift and 8000rpm.

IMG-5512.JPG IMG-5513.JPG IMG-5514.JPG

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
580 Posts
I just installed this same kit on my LS3 rockers last month. It was harder to press out the stock bearings than to install the new bushings. You'll need snap ring pliers for this kit. No complaints from me, engine sounds the same as before (nice and smooth).

·
Worthless reject member
40,179 Posts
I am going with che from now on. I have heard no bad reviews.

I have it installed on a spare set. Easy to go in, no press required. You have to be careful not to bend the clip ears, and to orient them properly. The instructions explain how. The ID and OD has a sharp edge and a rounded edge, because they are stamped, but the ID edge is on the opposite face as the OD edge. I forget which side faces which way, but the instructions will tell you.

The straubb kit i have has already shown signs of grooving in the bushings, although there is no dicernable play yet. Lots of complaints about those wearing out after several thousand miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts