LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Urban Redneck
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the car to my body guy this morning and he says it would cost about $700 for him to fill the spoiler holes and match the paint.

Does anyone know if and how I can source a Monaro lid, and whether the paint color will match?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was also wondering what it might cost to have a fiberglass or carbon fiber holess trunk lid made? Anyone know anything about this?

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
redneck said:
Does anyone know if and how I can source a Monaro lid, and whether the paint color will match?
The colours should match (check the paint codes on the VIN plate) but :
Yellow Jacket is known as Devil Yellow
Torrid Red is known as Red Hot
I don't think the Monaro was ever offered in Barbados Blue (it is a Commodore colour).

Try www.partslocator.com.au for parts. This lists parts at wreckers Australia wide. I had a quick look and there is one wrecker in Preston (Melbourne Vic) that has a boot (truck) lid.

Brett

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
isszy said:
The colours should match (check the paint codes on the VIN plate) but :
Yellow Jacket is known as Devil Yellow
Torrid Red is known as Red Hot
I don't think the Monaro was ever offered in Barbados Blue (it is a Commodore colour).

Try www.partslocator.com.au for parts. This lists parts at wreckers Australia wide. I had a quick look and there is one wrecker in Preston (Melbourne Vic) that has a boot (truck) lid.

Brett
Is this the Brett from South Milwaukee The Body Shop?

Home on Vacation?

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Holeshot said:
Is this the Brett from South Milwaukee The Body Shop?

Home on Vacation?
I'd love to say yes, but my only experience with Milwaukee is watching the Fonz on 'Happy Days' (which sadly still gets reruns on Australian TV).

No, just an interested observer with a passion for Holdens.

Brett

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
isszy said:
I'd love to say yes, but my only experience with Milwaukee is watching the Fonz on 'Happy Days' (which sadly still gets reruns on Australian TV).

No, just an interested observer with a passion for Holdens.

Brett
Sorry

I have a friend from OZ living here in Milwaukee that is home on vacation.
Melbourne Area.
Small world

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Holeshot said:
Sorry

I have a friend from OZ living here in Milwaukee that is home on vacation.
Melbourne Area.
Small world
No need to apologise. Hope he is having a good time. Say G'day to him from me when he gets back...

Melbourne has a population of about 2,500,000, so I doubt I'll run into him.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
As far as matching the paint, even though it is a standard paint, there still can be varying amounts of metal flake in each paint job when you are dealing with metalics. I've seen a couple of bad paint jobs when paint guys didn't know what they were doing with matching metallics or pearls and it definitely is noticeable.
Now, this shouldn't be an issue if the car is one of the non-metallic colors.
Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts