LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stepson was a Zaino nut until he tried Meguir's NXT Generation Tech Wax. I saw the car and was amazed at how rich the color was. He claims you just wipe on, let dry and wipe off.

Anyone else try this?

I'll give it try this weekend and post some pictures.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
NXT-Excellent

I just put a coat of NXT on. Extremely pleased with the results. It stays "greasy" a little longer than most. A few extra turns of the buffing rag and it's smooth as a baby's butt. Also, bugs hosed right off. I'm WAY too lazy to do the Zaino thing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
mistermike said:
I'm WAY too lazy to do the Zaino thing.
Yeah, sounds like alot of work to me also. I picked up some of the nxt wax the other day, hopefully give it a try Sunday.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear others like it. I'm with MrMike, Zaino is way to much work for me.

·
2,432 Posts
My dad and I waxed our cars a couple of weeks ago. Well he waxed his car, I just added another coat of Zaino. My dad used the NXT on his Vette. He did the whole Vette start to finish in about the same time I added a third coat of Zaino.

The NXT is good, but it isn't as deep of a look as the Zaino. But like I said he did the whole NXT in the time I did one coat of Zaino. I probably have 12 hours in my wax job by now. He has 2-3 hours in his.

I think this weekend I'm going to Zaino my SS. Sounds like Zaino on the chrome 20's will really help make it easy to keep them clean. That's a lot of real estate to wax though.

·
3,327 Posts
AmesGTO said:
I think this weekend I'm going to Zaino my SS. Sounds like Zaino on the chrome 20's will really help make it easy to keep them clean. That's a lot of real estate to wax though.
Gonna do the whole claybar and everything? I hope you dont have anything planned for the entire weekend. :p I would love to do the full Zaino on my Z-71, but I figure it is at least a 15-20 hour job. I havent even waxed the thing in over 2 years. And before I got the GTO, That Truck was my BABY. :D

·
2,432 Posts
You could NXT the Z-71.

My plan for the SS is to wash with Dawn, Z-5, Z-6, Z-5, and Z-6. I don't really count the Z-6 as a step since it's pretty quick. No clay bar on the truck. The chrome 20's are pretty sweet and I want them to stay that way so they are getting the most attention. I'll probably Z-2 them.

The truck has a lot more real estate to wax, but it's all pretty flat and square. I figure 6 hours from start to finish.

·
3,327 Posts
I need to find a carwash with a lift. The Z-71 loves the mud, and I used to live on a dirt road. When it rained, it would take me forever to just wash the mud off. Ill be interested to see how your chrome looks, I have lots on my Silverado. You can imagine the scratches in the paint though, especially after hauling around 3 golden retrievers. They do not always stay this small:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Warren said:
I need to find a carwash with a lift. The Z-71 loves the mud, and I used to live on a dirt road. When it rained, it would take me forever to just wash the mud off. Ill be interested to see how your chrome looks, I have lots on my Silverado. You can imagine the scratches in the paint though, especially after hauling around 3 golden retrievers. They do not always stay this small:

cute puppy

·
2,432 Posts
Warren said:
Puppies rock. Too bad they don't stay that small.

The only chrome I have on the whole truck are the rims. You'll get to see them at the Ames meet. It sounds like quite a few SS guys are going to be coming. At the current signup rate we might have 50% of each.

·
3,327 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
cute puppy
Yeah, they dont stay that way very long though....

I have lots of chrome on my truck. I was looking through pictures, and I dont have a decent shot. Full light bar, nerf bars, and full front guard.

This pic is the same pup about 6 months after the first pic.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Warren said:
Yeah, they dont stay that way very long though....

I have lots of chrome on my truck. I was looking through pictures, and I dont have a decent shot. Full light bar, nerf bars, and full front guard.

This pic is the same pup about 6 months after the first pic.

haha, still cute

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
haha, still cute
Guys, You would like ease of use with superior results in a Car Wax??? Your requests are answered if you go to the CAR Motorsports website, www.carmotorsports.com and click on "Car Care". There you will become familiar with optimum car wax. That is all I use on my vehicles. If you would like to speak with me personally about this product, I can be reached this week at our order line 1-877-FOR-CARZ. You have a new car so use a product that has nothing but wax in it's formula. Enjoy, Rich

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally got weather where I could wax the car. Washed it twice, once to get the bugs off and a second time for good measure. The wax goes on easy and comes off even easier. I like the looks but here are some picture so you can be the judge. Total time about two hours work.

I the top picture you can see my wifes car with the dented door.

·
3,327 Posts
Frank, now we know what you look like taking a picture of your car. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts