LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
Joined
·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Beck,
If you happen to read this please send me a PM. My dealer was suppose to order a strut from you for my car after I got tired of waiting for the oem ones to come in. They said they ordered it about two weeks ago. I got a call monday this week and they said it came in. So I take the car to them. When I pick it up, they said the oem one came in and installed it, and they put the aftermarket (pedder) one on the other side of the car. They did this because they ordered two replacement ones just in case. Well I looked at the struts on my car, and the one they replaced with oem is black and looks brand new. They said they put the aftermarket one on the other side. Well that one too is black and looks dirty like it has been on there for 5K miles. My question for you is did you send Ultimate Ponitiac in Fredericksburg VA a pedders strut? If so, what color was it? I thought the pedders were red? I am trying to see if the dealer lied to me. If so, I am going to raise serious hell with them and file a huge grievence with them for making me wait when they had a solution and then lying and stalling. I appreciate your time. Thanks so much.

Are the pedders struts all red?
 

·
Owns 3 GTO's
Joined
·
16,515 Posts
He will get back to you. He has answered all of my questions, and phone calls quickly. Sometimes people just get tied up.
 

·
Owns 3 GTO's
Joined
·
16,515 Posts
:quoties: :ftw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,685 Posts
woodnutz said:
Mr. Beck,
If you happen to read this please send me a PM. My dealer was suppose to order a strut from you for my car after I got tired of waiting for the oem ones to come in. They said they ordered it about two weeks ago. I got a call monday this week and they said it came in. So I take the car to them. When I pick it up, they said the oem one came in and installed it, and they put the aftermarket (pedder) one on the other side of the car. They did this because they ordered two replacement ones just in case. Well I looked at the struts on my car, and the one they replaced with oem is black and looks brand new. They said they put the aftermarket one on the other side. Well that one too is black and looks dirty like it has been on there for 5K miles. My question for you is did you send Ultimate Ponitiac in Fredericksburg VA a pedders strut? If so, what color was it? I thought the pedders were red? I am trying to see if the dealer lied to me. If so, I am going to raise serious hell with them and file a huge grievence with them for making me wait when they had a solution and then lying and stalling. I appreciate your time. Thanks so much.

Are the pedders struts all red?
GSRs are RED and CG (Comfort Gas Struts) are black. I remember Frank telling me about the single strut sale. I can't remember if it was a GSR or CG for sure but ITHINK it was a RED GSR. I sent this thread link to his email. His phone VM must be full. I wonder why?
 

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
Joined
·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for the help and info guys, I appreciate it.
 

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
Joined
·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Frank for talking with me. You gave me the information I was looking for. Now I will see what the dealer has to say for themselves about this. Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,685 Posts
If you remove the wheel and inspect the strut you will find a Pedders Part Number stamped on the body -- GSR9985L or R. Frank does know what he sent out.
 

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
Joined
·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I chatted with him. It was a red strut. Lets just say I do not have a red one on there and the Service Director is gone for the day. I think I will go over and talk with the dealer manager or whoever his boss is. I am looking for an explanation to why they may have lied to me about this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,685 Posts
woodnutz said:
I chatted with him. It was a red strut. Lets just say I do not have a red one on there and the Service Director is gone for the day. I think I will go over and talk with the dealer manager or whoever his boss is. I am looking for an explanation to why they may have lied to me about this.
Before you go Postal with them please check the strut for the Pedders stamped part number. If you don't find it then you can ...
 

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
Joined
·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going over there shortly after work to see what is up. I have searched for a stamp and did not find one. I am not going to go postal or anything. I am happy to have my car back with two good struts. I do not care that they did not put the pedders one, I just am upset because they lied to me about what they did to the car. Saying they put something one when they did not. Ordering the wrong part and not admitting to it. It is a prinicpal thing. I was happy with everything till I found out they lied to me. That is all. I will post back when I find out more.
 

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
Joined
·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I was right. I was calm and concerned. I got the call from the service director. He assumed it was ON the car because it was by the car when the tech was working on it. The tech then told him it was not on the car so he went to the parts guy. He said it WAS on the car. SD (service director) said no it was not, look in the box. Parts man said it was and an old strut was in the box. SD made him open the box to his avail new pedders strut in a nice red color was there. Parts man was wondering how it got there. Sounds like he was trying something he should not have been trying. I am not going to try and purchase it from them...discounted ofcourse, the parts man said it was used...:). Thanks so much for your help on this Frank and all. I appreciate it.I am happy the car is fixed, just did not like being lied to.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,492 Posts
woodnutz said:
Well, I was right. I was calm and concerned. I got the call from the service director. He assumed it was ON the car because it was by the car when the tech was working on it. The tech then told him it was not on the car so he went to the parts guy. He said it WAS on the car. SD (service director) said no it was not, look in the box. Parts man said it was and an old strut was in the box. SD made him open the box to his avail new pedders strut in a nice red color was there. Parts man was wondering how it got there. Sounds like he was trying something he should not have been trying. I am not going to try and purchase it from them...discounted ofcourse, the parts man said it was used...:). Thanks so much for your help on this Frank and all. I appreciate it.I am happy the car is fixed, just did not like being lied to.
I'm Happy you found them OUT...:turbonaug and if you ever need any PEDDERS Parts keep me in mind ..Thanks Frank:)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top