LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my cam installed and Dyno tuned. Car is full bolt ons, 3200 stall, long tubes, TSP Bald Eagle Cam (227/234 111lsa) dss axles and 1 piece driveshaft.

Full disclosure, I think the Dyno (mainline Dyno) was being quite generous but the car runs great and is pretty damn fast for cam only so I'm not hung up on numbers. That being said... She made 490hp and 421tq at the wheels. Really happy with the way it drives, the tuner, Ajay at Anonymous Calibrations totally knocked it out of the park.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
that curve looks great! but i have to agree that the dyno was being very generous with it being a cam only

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just happy she runs great and is a riot to drive now. I'm sure I'll be on another Dyno in the next few months and I'll post up what it makes then. I'm curious as to what the difference is myself but I'll get the real answers when I get it up to the strip, those are the only numbers that matter and the tune is spot on so I'm pretty excited. Also gonna need some radials as these street tires are basically worthless now lol

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
I agree those numbers are way too high for cam only. I have stage 3 LS6 243 heads, cam, fast 102, 105mm TB, 100mm LPE maf, I piece CF driveshaft, axle shafts, forged rims, 3200 stall and more and only at 437 rwhp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not the same Dyno. The first one was at a Dyno day at a local shop and the dyno numbers for folks were all over the map compared to what I felt they should have been for everyone. Granted it was a boiling hot and humid FLA day in August and they were running the cars on the Dyno with no fan and hoods closed. The graph was pretty unusual looking so I kind of took it as a grain of salt. Car was full bolt on and exhaust at the time. The numbers may be legit but the graph was all sorts of crazy. Car runs great now so I'm very satisfied numbers be damned.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
574 Posts
Not the same Dyno. The first one was at a Dyno day at a local shop and the dyno numbers for folks were all over the map compared to what I felt they should have been for everyone. Granted it was a boiling hot and humid FLA day in August and they were running the cars on the Dyno with no fan and hoods closed. The graph was pretty unusual looking so I kind of took it as a grain of salt. Car was full bolt on and exhaust at the time. The numbers may be legit but the graph was all sorts of crazy. Car runs great now so I'm very satisfied numbers be damned.
Except for the waves in the power and torque curves, your numbers are very similar to mine above 4000 rpm. I had JBA shorty headers and catted mid-pipes, X-air intake, Pypes axle-back exhaust, and a 1-piece driveshaft. After correcting the RPM scale and adjusting the torque numbers, I ended up with 354.8 rwhp @ 5537 rpm and 376.3 lb-ft of torque @ 4197 rpm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Except for the waves in the power and torque curves, your numbers are very similar to mine above 4000 rpm. I had JBA shorty headers and catted mid-pipes, X-air intake, Pypes axle-back exhaust, and a 1-piece driveshaft. After correcting the RPM scale and adjusting the torque numbers, I ended up with 354.8 rwhp @ 5537 rpm and 376.3 lb-ft of torque @ 4197 rpm.
Was yours an auto or manual?

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
574 Posts
Auto, stock converter. I have a post with dyno graphs in the Tuning/Dyno Results page titles "Going to the dyno on Monday".

·
Registered
265 Posts
So I just posted my numbers for my 2004 LS1 cam only a couple weeks ago. My numbers seem very low compared to others. The numbers were pretty low starting off stock. Could it just be the 4L60 in mine is causing that much parasitic drivetrain loss? It's got Yank SS3200. My GTO's specs are in my sig. The tuner said that my GTO would probably pick up 50HP with a manual.

All that being said, she is definitely quick. I did do a quick hit against a stock 2006 a while back and was ahead.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
574 Posts
EZ28, it's probably the type of dyno that's the source of your low numbers. Mustang dynos are also said to be stingy dynos, sounds like the dyno you went to might be as well. SAPGoat's first dyno was on a Dynojet, as was mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I just posted my numbers for my 2004 LS1 cam only a couple weeks ago. My numbers seem very low compared to others. The numbers were pretty low starting off stock. Could it just be the 4L60 in mine is causing that much parasitic drivetrain loss? It's got Yank SS3200. My GTO's specs are in my sig. The tuner said that my GTO would probably pick up 50HP with a manual.

All that being said, she is definitely quick. I did do a quick hit against a stock 2006 a while back and was ahead.
Don't pay attention to the numbers. I could take it to a different Dyno tomorrow and likely get a totally different number. If your car runs great than that's all that matters.

·
Registered
233 Posts
No way your car made that. Generous dyno for sure. Track slips are all that matter. Or let me drive it. I'll let you know what it really makes.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
26 Posts
Awesome stuff dude. All dyno numbers are bullshit. I don’t care what anyone says. When you’re side by side with someone, that’s the ultimate scale. I always wondered how the bald eagle cam would do. Thanks for posting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts