LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with their TSW center caps? See the attached pic. Mine are 6 months old and appear to be getting moisture behind the TSW decal (like from the inside out).

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first noticed it, I initially thought I forgot to peal off the protective film, but it is not that.
The issue with the center caps does not appear to originate from the outside, but appears to be moisture leaching its way from the back side of the decal. The TSW caps are actually a two piece part. A chromed plastic cap with a hole (around 3/4" to 1") in the center is covered with a TSW decal. The inside of the decal that goes over the cap is exposed at the hole in the plastic cap. I think that is where the rusty moisture from the hub is getting behind/embeded into the decal.

·
Former GTO Owner
1,884 Posts
I'd say the hell with it and cover them with some sort of a Pontiac or GTO sticker emblem. Thats what I did to my TSW center caps. Makes people think the car came that way from the factory. :)

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
LITE SPD said:
I'd say the hell with it and cover them with some sort of a Pontiac or GTO sticker emblem. Thats what I did to my TSW center caps. Makes people think the car came that way from the factory. :)
yep

Sounds like a good plan to me

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
I really wish the factory center caps actually fit TSW's. I haven't seen any signs of moisture on mine yet, but I do drive my truck most of the time in inclement weather.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Mine look shitty too, I kept thinking that I didn't peel the shipping plastic off, but there isn't any there, just a crappy looking emblem.

·
Registered
81 Posts
GTWhoa said:
Mine look shitty too, I kept thinking that I didn't peel the shipping plastic off, but there isn't any there, just a crappy looking emblem.

I had the thruxtons on my 350Z and the center cap on those also started to get nasty. May just be a down side to the affordability of the rims.

like the other guy said, just buy a pontiac sticker and cover up. will end up looking better in the long run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts