LS1GTO.com Forums banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
What would he need to update you on?
Weather or not he received the part that shipped 20 days ago, when he would be installing it, maybe ask him for pictures to see if it would fit my application and maybe how he liked it. Typical stuff two drag racers might talk about around the same time a supplier would get aggravated when a question is asked about his product... I don't know. Or maybe since I called SNL and whoever I talked to didn't have a clue and you told me you were uninterested in knowing if it fit an APS car, I guess I was just hunting for some info on a product I have waited for for years.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Weather or not he received the part that shipped 20 days ago, when he would be installing it, maybe ask him for pictures to see if it would fit my application and maybe how he liked it. Typical stuff two drag racers might talk about around the same time a supplier would get aggravated when a question is asked about his product... I don't know. Or maybe since I called SNL and whoever I talked to didn't have a clue and you told me you were uninterested in knowing if it fit an APS car, I guess I was just hunting for some info on a product I have waited for for years.
There was an issue with his order... what more of an update do you think you deserve?

When you called did you ask for me? Probably not. You more than likely talked to a salesman who did not know about them and I probably was not there since we did not discuss things.

That said, I am NOT interested in giving you anything at a discount to see if it will fit your very limited production APS equipped car. Does that make me a bad person/business? Absolutely not. Does it mean you want something cheaper than everybody else because you think you're somehow entitled to it? Sounds like it.

Please remove yourself from my thread.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Any updates?
There was an issue with his order... what more of an update do you think you deserve?
I asked a question, not to you. Not once in this thread have I attacked you or SNL, I'm asking questions I couldn't get anywhere else to BUY YOUR PRODUCT. Even when I was asked who was making them I didn't feel it was my place and declined to answer. I don't know why you took an attitude with me for asking a question but in no way was I bashing or undermining you, SNL or the product, as I just needed info on clearance. It looks like a great product and should be well received by the community.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Does it mean you want something cheaper than everybody else because you think you're somehow entitled to it? Sounds like it.
I never asked for anything for free and I can assure you I have plenty of money for a $1300 K member.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I asked a question, not to you. Not once in this thread have I attacked you or SNL, I'm asking questions I couldn't get anywhere else to BUY YOUR PRODUCT. Even when I was asked who was making them I didn't feel it was my place and declined to answer. I don't know why you took an attitude with me for asking a question but in no way was I bashing or undermining you, SNL or the product, as I just needed info on clearance. It looks like a great product and should be well received by the community.
I never asked for anything for free and I can assure you I have plenty of money for a $1300 K member.
I never doubted your funds, that said, I've been getting an undertone from you I don't like. Maybe I misread it, maybe not.

When you asked for a discount and I declined your posts went from what was inquisitive to something all together different IMHO.

^ This
I've known Todd for many years, and he was one of the first GTO owners I met back in '06 when my car was bone stock and brand new. As a matter of fact, his twin turbo build ignited the modification bug for my build. Good people. As the owner of an extremely successful powder coating business, he certainly has the wherewithal to purchase any conceivable aftermarket component.
While you no doubt are unhappy about the 'less than enthusiastic' response to your innovative and highly anticipated front tubular cradle, the above rant is unbecoming of someone who should be focused on answering the questions of potential buyers instead of spewing rudeness. I was very excited to see this product become available, but I will not be doing business with you, sir.
Fred Dixon
I am sure he's a nice guy, I explained myself above.

You're certainly entitled to buy from whomever you want. I've been in the GTO "game" since 2004 and have done a tremendous amount for the community. If someone, especially a business owner, had a question about something and didn't get an answer he wanted he should have contacted me directly. Like I said above, I got a certain undertone to his posts after I declined his request and I didn't like it.

Just because I'm a business owner and sell products and services on this site doesn't mean I'm not entitled to state my mind publicly. I'm not a fake individual and am quite confrontational when I feel that something we're spending money on to get to the community is being undermined in some way. Like I've repeated, I felt that was the case. If I'm wrong I'll certainly admit that.

Outsiders opinion, Radio is coming off like a dick in this thread.
That was my intention, see above for an explanation.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
First off I'm not going to continue getting this offtrack for the guys that need and or want a tubular k-member so this is my last post concerning anything other than the part. I am very non confrontational on or off the internet, my intention was never to discredit a product or person with an "undertone", which is probably why I (and apparently others) were thrown by your attitude. I never wanted a free part, only one not powdercoated and discounted to see if I could help the APS guys as my car is apart and I could install it immediately for a test fit. I promise you Steve that I didn't mind at all you declining my offer. I was merely trying to ask questions to see if it would in fact fit as is. Good luck gentleman.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
First off I'm not going to continue getting this offtrack for the guys that need and or want a tubular k-member so this is my last post concerning anything other than the part. I am very non confrontational on or off the internet, my intention was never to discredit a product or person with an "undertone", which is probably why I (and apparently others) were thrown by your attitude. I never wanted a free part, only one not powdercoated and discounted to see if I could help the APS guys as my car is apart and I could install it immediately for a test fit. I promise you Steve that I didn't mind at all you declining my offer. I was merely trying to ask questions to see if it would in fact fit as is. Good luck gentleman.
If that's the case then I was wrong and apologize.

Let's get this back on subject. :)

I'm pretty sure the race version will clear/fit the APS setup. I've got one on my shop car that I sent you pics of earlier.

What, exactly, are you looking for fitment wise? I'll sell you the one off the shop car and will get one of the new designs myself to get this done if you want. It is powdercoated black though...

·
Was Here
739 Posts
For those looking for pictures of the finished second gen cradle, but with no sway mounts.

From the bottom

From the top

·
Was Here
739 Posts
Sorry, the cradle and car are at the chassis shop, so I don't have immediate access to it. When I was there yesterday taking pictures and moving it around, it was very light, I would say under 10lbs. I will likely be cutting the motor mounts off of it, so it will be even lighter then.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Updates?

·
Was Here
739 Posts
I have had mine installed, but did not take any pics. It may not be what other people are looking for though anyways since I am using Mustang coil overs and castor/camber plates along with my engine using a motor and mid plate.

If I get everything painted this week and put back together, I will try and get some pics to post up.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have had mine installed, but did not take any pics. It may not be what other people are looking for though anyways since I am using Mustang coil overs and castor/camber plates along with my engine using a motor and mid plate.

If I get everything painted this week and put back together, I will try and get some pics to post up.
I would appreciate the any pictures you could provide.

Thank you,
Austin

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts

I would probably order the G-force coil over kit to use. Sounds like yours will be nice.

·
Was Here
739 Posts
What I am using is basically the Gforce setup minus the lower adapters and I put in camber plates so that the top does not rely on the stock GTO style collapsible mount. It is just a little bit of cutting to get the hole opened up and remove the ring from the bottom that is spot welded in. Drill new holes for the camber plates and done.

These are the ones that I used. I got them from Brother Performance locally here in Deltona for the SN95 mustangs.

(not my picture)

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
What I am using is basically the Gforce setup minus the lower adapters and I put in camber plates so that the top does not rely on the stock GTO style collapsible mount. It is just a little bit of cutting to get the hole opened up and remove the ring from the bottom that is spot welded in. Drill new holes for the camber plates and done.

These are the ones that I used. I got them from Brother Performance locally here in Deltona for the SN95 mustangs.

(not my picture)
Definitely seems like a great way to go.

161 - 180 of 202 Posts